Solidarity | Eagle Rock Brewery

Added by SShelly on 12-08-2009

13%

Reviews by MaltAndHopsFC:
2.58/5  rDev -31.6%

From notes. Poured from bomber into a nonic pint glass

Appearance: Pours very dark and cola-like with a thin beige head.

Aroma: Smells very nice. Roasted malts hit the nose with traces of char. Sweet burnt caramel scents as well.

Taste: starts off with a smoky/char like flavor, I like it. However, the taste disappears rather quickly, none of the flavors linger as long as I would like and I get a sour-like taste towards the end of the drink.

Mouth-feel: thin to medium, a tad watery

Overall: I will admit this was my first beer from the brewery and my first English Dark Mild as well. I wasn't sure what to expect so I can't knock the beer for that. The aroma was the highlight for me, if it was replicated in the taste I would love this beer. I look forward to trying more from Eagle Rock, gotta support the LA area breweries!

3.25/5  rDev -13.8%

2.75/5  rDev -27.1%

3.85/5  rDev +2.1%

On-tap at Blue Palms Brewhouse. Served in a nonic.

Red-brown liquid with a thin light desert sand head which persists well and exhibits excellent lacing.

Malt forward on the nose - rich and dark but not particularly roasty. Faint orange notes.

Bread pudding, mineral water, light coffee, and crème fraîche on the palate. The finish is slightly tart and dry with a hint of iodine. Just a touch of bitterness for balance. Diacetyl is a bit higher than I'd like - and reduces the drinkability significantly.

Medium-light, yet creamy body. Low but suitable carbonation.

Properly sessionable and surprisingly flavorful for the ABV - though as I said, the diacetyl gets in the way a bit.

While tasty, this comes across as more of a home-brew as it is a touch rough around the edges. Looking forward to seeing what Eagle Rock comes up with given more time...

3.61/5  rDev -4.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

3.25/5  rDev -13.8%

3.59/5  rDev -4.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.5/5  rDev -7.2%

3.83/5  rDev +1.6%

Look: Black and totally opaque with traces of red throughout 1 inch tan head with great retention

Smell: Traces of tobacco and coffee

Taste: The taste reminds me of a more muted version of guinness. It has a bit of roasted malt and coffee

Mouthfeel: Good feel to it like most nitro beers. It has a medium to full body with medium carbonation

Overall: This beer is incredibly drinkable but that is about all it has going for it. Flavor is ok but nothing to write home about

3.5/5  rDev -7.2%

4.08/5  rDev +8.2%

4.1/5  rDev +8.8%

Great beer.

This is a welcome addition to the Southern California beer scene. We need more beers like this. The nitro gives a big mouthfeel to such a light and easy to drink beer.

Bold roast flavors cover up the lack of heat in a way that makes me want another.

I'm not nearly as into the co2 version, so I won't review it.

Solidarity from Eagle Rock Brewery