Old Incinerator Brandy Barrel Barleywine | Rascal Creek Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Rascal Creek Brewing Co.

Style: English Barleywine

Added by BigMcLargeHuge on 01-17-2010

Reviews by rudylaw:
3.75/5  rDev 0%

5/5  rDev 0%

Sampled at Toronado 2009 Barleywine Festival. 2004 vintage. Pours deep amber bordering on a murky chocolate hue yet still somewhat clear and a nice mocha head. Cripes, the aroma nearly buckles my knees. Just fantastic. I get smooth notes of stewed prunes, figs and stewed sugary raisins. It is just smooth and muted and wonderfully blended together. I also get thick viscous malt smell rounding out the dark fruitiness and leading into blunted wood notes. I don't know if I'm getting this down right. Good gravy. I think my first 5.0 aroma for a Barleywine. Thankfully the taste is much the same with smooth blended flavors of prunes, figs, cherry compote and stewed raisins moving into aged rich lightly roasted malts. Harmony. But then a smooth wood sensation picks up a supporting role about midway. It seems to thin out a tad into the finish with persistent rich dark fruitiness and fading malt. Wow!

Old Incinerator Brandy Barrel Barleywine from Rascal Creek Brewing Co.