Naked Pig Pale Ale | Back Forty Beer Co.

Naked Pig Pale AleNaked Pig Pale Ale
3.5/5
Naked Pig Pale AleNaked Pig Pale Ale

Back Forty Beer Co.
Alabama, United States
backfortybeer.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Hops: Simcoe and Cascade
IBU: 34
Malts: Two Row and Munich

Added by jbone78 on 01-10-2010

4.75/5  rDev +35.7%

3.79/5  rDev +8.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

This is a pretty good beer for the most part. I think it goes better with food though because for some reason everytime I have this beer by myself, I want to have something to eat with it. I often jokingly call it "high quality Alabama bud light platnium" because it's as strong as a bud light platnium but it taste significantly better although it's a medium bodied beer as oppose to being a light beer. I love the aroma this beer has for some reason. I often wonder if this would be a good beer to cook with because of the smell and it's not too heavy or too light which is what I like in a beer when using it as an ingredient. However my biggest complaint with this beer is the price. At $11 or so dollars a 6-pack, this is definitely not my to go to beer. You can get a 6-pack of Sierra nevadas that taste just as good if not better for $8.99 and this is not a good first choice of a beer for those on a budget. However this is a good choice of beer if you got a little bit of extra cash to burn and your having a pizza with a small group of friends.

4.25/5  rDev +21.4%

3.87/5  rDev +10.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

The beer looked pretty good but the aroma was amazing. The taste was not what I anticipated after experiencing the pleasant aroma. Overall, the experience was good, I'd definitely order it again. Pale ales are my favorite but the flavor wasn't as evident as the taste.

Naked Pig Pale Ale from Back Forty Beer Co.