HB Blonde | Huntington Beach Beer Company

Awaiting More Ratings

Huntington Beach Beer Company
hbbeerco.com

Style: American Blonde Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by t0rin0 on 05-24-2010

3.5/5  rDev +27.7%

2.75/5  rDev +0.4%

1.96/5  rDev -28.5%

On-tap at Huntington Beach Beer Co.

A: Pours a nearly flat, pale straw color with no head. But at least it's clear.

S: Cooked corn and other vegetables, especially celery. A burnt grain aroma as well as straw and grass. There's a strange fruit juice sort of sweetness, too.

T: More bitterness than I had anticipated, but there is a lot of cooked grain, corn, and mixed vegetable flavor here. Slightly sweet, but just very corny overall.

M: Light in body with very low carbonation.

O: Don't bother. Don't waste your money.

I'm heading back to Cali Cali...I'm heading back to Cali..I don't think so...LL COOL J!

Sitting at Huntington Beach Brewery....and I just GOTS TO TASTE'EM ALL!!!

Kicked off with the HB Blonde....Do Blondes have more fun??? Not so fast my friends. This blonde is good, but not over the top. Color was golden and clear, did have an aroma...but couldn't peg it...maybe a hint of lemon. Great to taste but wouldn't come back for it. This beer is a session ale meaning....drink up...for me one and done.

On tap at the brew pub 5/22/2010

Pours very light color and clear. Almost no color. Small amount of white head with no retention and leaving behind no lacing.

Aroma is of corn and malt but over all very light. Also over carboonated and the smell of CO2 is noticeable.

Flavor is sweet and mildly honey like but mostly bitter and a hint of what seems to be corn. I'm confused as to why this is so bitter. No thanks.

Body is very light and the beer is drinkable I suppose but once is enough.

HB Blonde from Huntington Beach Beer Company