Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Hearthstone Bavarian Brown | People's Brewing Company

3.91/5
Very Good

People's Brewing Company
Indiana, United States
peoplesbrew.com

Style: American Brown Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by macrosmatic on 07-03-2012

Reviews by macrosmatic:
3.83/5  rDev 0%

Reviewed from notes. Had on-tap at Hearthstone Coffee House & Pub in Indianapolis. Brewed by People's specifically for Hearthstone according to the bartender. Poured into a pint glass.

A: Pours a very dark brown that is nearly opaque. Forms a small tan head. A bit of visible carbonation.

S: Aromas of coffee, caramel malts. Nothing else I get here.

T: Wow, this was unexpected. The taste is *very* different than I expected from the aroma. I get chocolate, caramel and booze, with a woody flavor mixed in. Weird. Not bad, but weird.

M: Thick sticky mouthfeel. The alcohol seems a bit overstated, although I didn't record what the ABV was.

O: Different than one would expect from a "brown ale", but it definitely grew on me as I drank it. Overall a pretty decent offering from People's, and one I would drink again.

4/5  rDev 0%