La Terrible | Unibroue

unibroue.com

Style: Belgian Strong Dark Ale

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-15-2002

Ratings: 2,228 |  Reviews: 957

This Belgian strong dark ale from Canada is unbelievably great stuff. Another gift from my older bro....THANKS....He runs a major beer distributer outfit and leaves me some killer samples in my Dad's fridge as we take turns visiting Dad from different out of town locations. This one deserves all the flowery hype ( of which I'm not very good ) you can muster. I'll just say it's damn good.... I really like these deeply rich/powerful/high dollar Ales.

A- pours a dark grape Hue, complete with a two finger off white head that dissipates quickly. Lacing is abundant.

S- grape dominant. Like alcoholic grapefruit juice. Lambic like. The most grape forward beer I have ever had.

T- Grape again, no alcohol at all, finishes with a nice cinnamon quality. The only criticism I could give, would be that the beer doesn't really. Very wine like.

M- very light bodied for such a strong beer.

O- great beer for a warm night, and a fantastic ale for the wine lover. Probably my favorite beer in the style, although it does lack some complexity.

La Terrible from Unibroue