Don De Dieu | Unibroue

Style: Belgian Strong Pale Ale

Added by Todd on 12-06-2000

Ratings: 2,885 |  Reviews: 1,311

3.29/5  rDev -20.3%

Cloudy with a lasting head. Very nice citrus aroma, better to me at cool to cellar temp. Strong fruity, spicy taste, slight alcohol finish. Silky texture. Medium body.

For fans of an aggressive wheat type beer, probably a good choice, but a little too much spice and yeast for me to purchase again.

4.75/5  rDev +15%

4.5/5  rDev +9%

3.69/5  rDev -10.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

This is my first Beer Review, I've recently had the urge to try new
beers that aren't your standard run of the mill.

This beer was pulled from the fridge and allowed to cool for about 30 minutes,
it was then pour in to a tulip glass.

A: Golden in color, transparent when poured, opaque and dull in the glass.

S: Hints of spices and sweetness, vague fruity smell. Nothing overwhelming.

T: Mild bitter taste, deep flavors that don't jump out, not quite crisp.

M: Slightly carbonate and bubbly, medium body and smooth.

O: Smooth beer with not as much flavor as expected. Expected
more of the wheat flavors to be present. Overall was a decent beer,
but I probably will not buy it again.

2.75/5  rDev -33.4%

3.75/5  rDev -9.2%

4.48/5  rDev +8.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Best by 1-30-2016. Enjoyed 5-2013.

Pours a light, slightly hazy sunlight-golden with tightly laced foam.

The aroma is lightly floral, with a touch of pollen and that distinctive Unibroue house yeast character holding court. The flavor definitely lets you know it’s a Unibroue beer, with their yeast contributing that floral-ester character familiar from their line up, but there’s also a wheated ‘tang’ that gives just a kiss of tartness and a well-rounded smoothness to the finish. A Belgian wheat ale? It won’t replace my love for some of their other beers but this was a fun one to try.

3.75/5  rDev -9.2%

4.75/5  rDev +15%

4.92/5  rDev +19.1%

So, here I am, outside. It's a beautiful night,no clouds....complete Star field. Bit of the glow from the airport in East Granby,Connecticut.
I am outside because my landlord switched our electrical service to save us money. What she forgot to do was find out where the bill gets paid.
All that aside,it's almost midnight.
I detoured around a DUI checkpoint, although I only had one Guinness at the neighborhood bar near the laundromat. I have a battery powered lantern, my beach chair, a carrot cake that my mother made, and a Unibrow sampler.
I went for the Don De Dieu, as I had never had it before.
Out of a tulip glass from the Coachlight dinner theater in East Windsor,Connecticut now defunct.
This beer surprises me. I wonder, should I have poured all of that yeast into the glass?
No matter, as it's at the bottom and the carbonation is still flowing. I believe that the trees and I are going to have a very fun night.
This beer is wonderful, and the perfect way to rough it. The bright white from my lantern is really showing off how beautiful the beer is!
I love the fruity flavor, and the tang on my tongue upon the finí.
May there be a Belgian in my hand when I get mauled by a bear later tonight. The carrot cake goes really well with this.
I'm about to consult Mary Jane, and see what she thinks of this whole development. I'm sure she would approve, but I'll never know, until tomorrow when I wake up.

4.5/5  rDev +9%