Maximus | Lagunitas Brewing Company

Alströms:

Ratings: 5,534 |  Reviews: 1,553

3.5/5  rDev -12.3%

4.25/5  rDev +6.5%

A - Pours a clear orange-ish white with a massive three finger off-white head. Leaves great amount of large spiderweb-like lacing.

S - Banana, Mango, slight grapefruit, kiwi, lemon. Smells very tropical and delicious.

T - Mango upfront, small amounts of grapefruit, mango in the middle, and more mango in the finish. Slight amounts of malt also makes it's way through. Exactly the taste I want in an IPA.

M - Light bodied with heavy, cold carbonation. Sits perfectly.

O - Overall, a fucking delicious IPA. Seriously great. Holy shit is this wonderul. I will definitely have this one again. Best , most perfectly balanced beer I've ever had. Hands down a Heavyweight champ right here. I've been advocating beer for the past 8 months to find something this great and I finaly have. Thank you Lagunitas!.

4.5/5  rDev +12.8%

3.61/5  rDev -9.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pours a nice medium amber, with a 2-finger head that lasts.
Aroma is mild citrus, neither hoppy nor malty.
Taste is a pleasantly caramel sweetness. But is this really a DIPA?
Is it possible for a DIPA to be too well balanced? Neither hoppy nor malty? This DIPA is so well balanced that neither hop nor malt dominate. It's just a pleasantly chewy sweet ale.
Damned with faint praise? Yes. I'd much prefer a Marshall Wharf "Cant Dog". Or a Rising Tide "Calcutta Cutter". Or a Weyerbacher "Double Simcoe".

3.9/5  rDev -2.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

12oz bottle into a tulip

Poured clear light copper with a single finger head. Smell is hoppy needless to say, fairly malty, some pineapple, some pine. Taste is well balanced, not bitter at all,I get very decent amount of lemon and earthy pine, some bubblegum. Texture is great. Overall it's a great IPA but I like them to have a little more citrus and pine. On the verge if being imperial but I think it falls just short, almost tastes like an imperial American pale ale. Another great offering by the great people at lagunitas

4.5/5  rDev +12.8%

4.28/5  rDev +7.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Really like this beer... Heck I like most IPAs, however this one was on my list to try, and at first taste has become one of my top five IPAs, maybe top three. I am not the most educated lingo guy, and for the most part and I look for the all important taste aspect of the brew. i could care less about lacing and head as it does nothing for me.

As for most IPAs, Maximus has the strong hint of floral/citrus/pine smell and flavor. it pours a bronze color. the ABV is at the right level for me, a two to three beer drinker per sitting. If you like IPAs, you will find it here. This is a very tasty beer from beginning to end, you will not be disappointed.

Maximus from Lagunitas Brewing Company