Lagunitas PILS (Czech Style Pilsner) | Lagunitas Brewing Company

Lagunitas PILS (Czech Style Pilsner)Lagunitas PILS (Czech Style Pilsner)
3.64/5
Good
Lagunitas PILS (Czech Style Pilsner)Lagunitas PILS (Czech Style Pilsner)

Lagunitas Brewing Company
lagunitas.com

Style: Czech Pilsener

Our only Lager, brewed with loads of imported Saaz hops and a bottom-fermenting yeast strain that leaves it Light and Crisp and Easy to Slam, yet full of real flavor and all the things you yearn for.

Added by beertaster13 on 02-17-2002

3.7

Ratings: 2,619 |  Reviews: 756

I love this Pils. Hard to find in NC but worth it when you do. Crisp and full bodied. Not your basic boring Pilsner .... At 6.2% this pils has it all

I've had many a pilsner here in the United States and in Germany and I was VERY inpressed with this beer. When I poured it into my pilsner glass, I got a perfect head and the most beautifu cascade of bubbles swirling up from the bottom of the glass that I have ever seen. It look just like to BMC commercials do except THEIR beers don't behave like that. Even now, 15 min into my beer , it is still cascading to keep the head alive.

Te aroma was very Czech like, the hop aroma was very european. Classy & clean.

I was worried before my first sip that the carbonation would be to much, but it was perfect... very nice mouthfeel. Great body to the beer and the taste was crisp clean and super refreshing. I know that those are all the cliche's that you always hear, but this time it was absolutly true.

This is my favorite pilsner and I highly reccomend it.

Another homerun Lagunitas!!!

Very refreshing! This is one of my favorite session beers.

4.92/5  rDev +35.2%

4.88/5  rDev +34.1%

This is probably one of my top five non-german brews, and certainly top ten overall. I would give a detailed description, but it would be a waste of time, this beer hits the mark in all catagories:Smell,drinkability,taste,mouthfeel, everything! My recommendation, buy it, you wont regret it.

4.87/5  rDev +33.8%

4.8/5  rDev +31.9%

4.8/5  rDev +31.9%

Pours a deep golden color with a big white head. A very slight haze. Head fades quickly to a wispy veil on top. A good swirl brings out another round of foam. Good lacing all the way down.
Classic lager aroma, not over powering, of noble hops and a hint of malty character.
Taste is dry and spicy with a nice dry finish.
Sprite and lemony in the mouth.
Refreshing. I could down a couple of these babes, coming off the beach down in Cape May.
Drink well my friends

4.79/5  rDev +31.6%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

This is a nice Czech style Pilsner.
Apperance: golden with nice white head but no lacing
Smell: Czech hop smell and straw like sent
Taste: crisp clean and bitter character expected from a Pilsner, hop prescience is ago adequate and a sulphur quality
Overall a nice Pilsner