Cappuccino Stout | Lagunitas Brewing Company

Ratings: 4,462 |  Reviews: 1,347

4.75/5  rDev +21.5%

3.25/5  rDev -16.9%

4.35/5  rDev +11.3%

My girlfriend got me into stouts. Before her I generally just drank IPAs and Trippels. I find stouts a good change of pace from those types. In any case, I'll generally buy a good stout I've never seen before if I come across it since she likes them and it's a good excuse. She particularly likes stouts with coffee in them, so this was a no brainer. I'm really not a beer expert in the sense that I know what constitutes good "mouthfeel" or can detect notes of coriander. I just drink a crapload of beer. This is definitely one of the best I've had. I think the only one I like more is Founder's Breakfast Stout. Still, the difference is minimal enough that you could serve me a glass of each and I probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

4.03/5  rDev +3.1%

22oz bottle poured into a snifter. Pours black with some brown hues; fluffy khaki head that fades slowly leaving great retention and lacing. The aromas are loaded with black coffee. There's a nice amount of vanilla in the mix too. Cocoa malts and milk chocolate is there too. The flavors focus on the coffee, obviously. There's milk chocolate there giving it a sweetness along with some dark chocolate giving it a subtle bitterness. The espresso overpowers the chocolate, in my opinion. The vanilla really accents the coffee notes, giving it a solid complexity. There's a subtle earthiness going on. This is not boozy at all and the flavors are clean. Alcohol goes unnoticed and this is dangerously drinkable. Mouthfeel is great. It's extremely light and fluffy on the palate, but still remains full-bodied. The carbonation is active. It really enhances the experience.

This is a very nice coffee stout. It doesn't try to be anything special or out of the ordinary, but just stays true to the concept. It might not be a game changing coffee stout, but it's on point and very enjoyable. Well done.

4.34/5  rDev +11%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Cappuccino Stout from Lagunitas Brewing Company