12th Of Never Ale | Lagunitas Brewing Company

Very Good
12th Of Never Ale12th Of Never Ale

Lagunitas Brewing Company
lagunitas.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Tropically Hoppy. Light, yet Full-Bodied. Bright and Citrusy. Word.

The magical, mystical 12th of Never is a blend of Old and New School hops that play bright citrus, rich coconut, and papaya-esque flavors, all on a solid stage of English puffed wheat. Tropically hoppy. Light, yet full-bodied. Bright and citrusy. The 12th of Never Ale is everything we’ve learned about making hop-forward beer expressed in a moderate voice. Pale, cold, slightly alcoholic and bitter. It’s all we know.

These 12oz mini-kegs (AKA cans) are an exciting new option for us, and we are stoopid stoked at the opportunity for y’all to take us to all those new, nelophobic locations…

Added by WCKDVBZ on 05-26-2016

4.97/5  rDev +25.2%

4.9/5  rDev +23.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

4.89/5  rDev +23.2%

4.82/5  rDev +21.4%

4.82/5  rDev +21.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

This is exactly how an APA should be!
Pours a nice, clear, light orange with good carbonation and a One-finger, fluffy, white head.
Smells of wonderful candied citrus hops. Just a bit of pine resin smell.
Taste of perfect balance of tasty citrus hop and malt. The perfect amount of pin resin and citrus hop.
Incredibly crisp and refreshing. I put this on the same level as New Glarus Moon Man.

4.8/5  rDev +20.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 5

I am *so* impressed - I think I got really lucky here. I was just like wandering around until I found my way into a sort of food and drink and stuff bazaar. i then used two of my dollars to buy this ! All I can say is ... I think today I got really lucky.

4.74/5  rDev +19.4%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Very crisp. Refreshing. Hoppy, but light. Perfect for hot weather. Not as heavy on ABC so it is a go to for outdoor activities when I can find it. Very similar to a session IPA and reminds me of Founder's All-Day IPA.

4.71/5  rDev +18.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 5

Good pale ale at a good price,
to me it's born yesterday lite!

4.71/5  rDev +18.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Pours a slightly hazy light straw with a thick white head. Smells intensely of mango, papaya and tropical citrus. Taste mimics the aroma, very hop forward with a huge hop bitterness up front. Fades to a bitter honey. medium mouthfeel with an appropriate carb level. Man did I enjoy this one! A must have if your a hophead like me.

4.68/5  rDev +17.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Wow, this is maybe the best session beer I've ever had. Thought it might be a bit thin, but not in the slightest. Aroma is super juicy fresh fragrant hop with a little malt in the background. Flavor's like nose, perfect carbonation, killer balance. Drink the frack out of this. Byum.

4.67/5  rDev +17.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

4.65/5  rDev +17.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Pale yellow color with a head controlled by how you pour. I am addicted to citrus hops and had never heard of this beer and took a chance. WOW, for me, it has the flavor I crave, lower alcohol and must be drunk cold. Very satisfying citrus with a malt kick back, but not too strong at all. If you like arugula and Gorgonzola (maybe add some pear), this is awesome pairing. So glad I took the chance as I will be buying this for a long time. FYI, it initially tastes similar to Golden Road "pup" but lingers with stronger citrus flavors. I actually like this one better.

4.64/5  rDev +16.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

4.58/5  rDev +15.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Poured from a 12oz can into a tulip glass.

Look is a dark yellow with a bubbly head. Very clear.

Aroma is citrusy and herbal bitter.

Taste matches aroma a new age pale ale.

Excellent easy drinking pale ale.

4.58/5  rDev +15.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Great beer.

4.57/5  rDev +15.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.56/5  rDev +14.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Overall this is a fantastic beer, and I am rating it 4.5/5.

I really enjoy Lagunitas Brewing Company, and I was fortunate enough to have lived close by their brewery. My local beer store always had fresh deliveries of Lagunitas.

This is my all time favorite beer to sip on throughout the night. With an ABV of 5.5%, this beer is a great stand alone beer, and actually quite good with other foods. It goes fine with steak, and like they advertise, it goes fantastic with pizza.

L: Pale golden. Semi-transparent. Pours a nice 1-2 inch head.
S: The smell may be the shining characteristic. Smells pleasantry like grapefruit, and maybe a slight piney bite to the nose.
T: Fruity taste. You can't really taste the alcohol. Some people may experience a very slight bitter aftertaste (which I like).
F: Very light. Smooth drinking.
O: Overall it rates highly in each category. I can nearly finish a whole 12 pack in a night, that is how delicious it is to me. For a price around $18 bucks a twelver, it is a steal for the quality you get.

4.55/5  rDev +14.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

12 oz. can

Pours clear straw gold with a creamy frothy white foam head. Smells like mango, guava, kiwi, orange and grapefruit citrus, some berries, toasted crackery caramely malts, with dank oniony earthy herbal grass and resinous pine. Tastes like mango, guava, kiwi, passionfruit, orange and grapefruit citrus, some berry, toasted crackery caramely malts, with dank oniony earthy herbal grass and bitter pine resin. Feels medium-light bodied, creamy and smooth with moderate low carbonation. Overall a really nice hoppy ale.

4.53/5  rDev +14.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

What's this? A session ale? It feels quite intensively dry hopped like that... fruity and piney yes, and the crazy thing is that you get exactly the same flavor that you got in the aroma, in the nose. Quite intense - but without the strength, without the body, it is light, drinkable, sessionable and satisfying! I am motivated to put an updated notes from the can here straight:

"As the River Styx froze and the final pig took flight, when the last winged monkey departed the darkly fragrant netherlands, as wishes became horses and all the beggars rode...

... under a newly-blued moon at dawn on the very 12th of Never: the second-to-last craft brewery in America pressed the green 'start' button on their canning line. We wanted to be the Last Small Brewer in the U.S. to can their beer and maybe, finally, by now, we are...

The '12th of Never Ale' is everything we've learned about making hop-forward beer expressed in a moderate voice. Pale, cold, slightly alcoholic, and butter. It's all we know. Drop up a line: [email protected]"

Well, I don't have much to add. Great! A must to try!

4.52/5  rDev +13.9%

I bought this beer off the Binnys single shelf. It poured a clear golden with white head that is leaving a spotty lace. The scent is orange peel with touch of pine. The taste is nicely balanced and easy to drink. There is pine and citrus peel throughout. The Mouthfeel is medium in body with good carbonation. Overall it's a great beer.

4.51/5  rDev +13.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

4.5/5  rDev +13.4%