12th Of Never Ale | Lagunitas Brewing Company

12th Of Never Ale12th Of Never Ale
Very Good
12th Of Never Ale12th Of Never Ale

Lagunitas Brewing Company

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Tropically Hoppy. Light, yet Full-Bodied. Bright and Citrusy. Word.

The magical, mystical 12th of Never is a blend of Old and New School hops that play bright citrus, rich coconut, and papaya-esque flavors, all on a solid stage of English puffed wheat. Tropically hoppy. Light, yet full-bodied. Bright and citrusy. The 12th of Never Ale is everything we’ve learned about making hop-forward beer expressed in a moderate voice. Pale, cold, slightly alcoholic and bitter. It’s all we know.

These 12oz mini-kegs (AKA cans) are an exciting new option for us, and we are stoopid stoked at the opportunity for y’all to take us to all those new, nelophobic locations…

Added by WCKDVBZ on 05-26-2016

3.98/5  rDev 0%

3.68/5  rDev -7.5%

Pours a very clear golden colr with a solid two fingers of a white head made up of large bubbles.

Aroma is a quick rush of sweet pineapple with a bit of dank to it. Very nice sweet fruity smell that I like on this one.

Taste leaves a bit to be desired. A bit of that sweet, bitter pineapple fuit and some other bitter and that was it.

Mouth is on the upper side of light. Just a bit of stickiness on the finish. Really fairly easy drinking.

Not a bad pale ale. Especially at the price point. I got a four pack of stovepipe cans for 7.50 U.S. at a local Sprouts store.So I say it would be a good beer for when you want something more than the average Bud Miller Coors type of beer.However if you are looking for a real APA style look no further than Deschutes Mirror Pond!!

4.06/5  rDev +2%

Pale gold color, slight haze. Pours big white head with good retention.

Citrusy hop aroma with a lot of grapefruit

Light malt but mostly a big tropical fruit flavor with grapefruit. Very gentle hop flavor, with a soft hop bitterness in the finish.

Fairly light body, moderate to high carbonation. No astringency or warming.

A nice light and hop forward beer. Would be a good one for summer

3.74/5  rDev -6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

3.75/5  rDev -5.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.05/5  rDev +1.8%

3.93/5  rDev -1.3%

4.48/5  rDev +12.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.45/5  rDev +11.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.5

A: poured from a 12 oz can into a pint glass, straw colored with a huge foamy white head that lingers leaving good lacing, clear

S: lots of fruity tropical hops, pineapple, mango, orange

T: hops are more reserved than expected up front, fruits and florals are there but not overpowering, balanced delicious and refreshing is something I've never said about Lagunitas even though I love them

M: light to medium with lower carbonation

O: they make good beer, this is no exception

4.37/5  rDev +9.8%

3.29/5  rDev -17.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Now granted I had this served to me in a can on Jet Blue ....so where has it been ? how has it been treated ?

I am huge Lagunitas fan , but for me this was not worth buying a second.

3.8/5  rDev -4.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.82/5  rDev -4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

3.94/5  rDev -1%

3.71/5  rDev -6.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

I've had this beer twice. The first time, I had it while visiting Colorado in October. The pour was from a 12 ounce can, and I think it was fresh. I gave it a rating that averaged to 4.17 overall, quite high for me. Now I've changed my mind.

This week, I got a four pack box, happy to see it at a Seattle market. I was surprised when I got home to realize the cans were 19 ounces. Nineteen ounces is more than I usually drink at one sitting. And this isn't a beer that I can easily share with my wife, as it's too bitter. So now I've got a problem. Do I drink more than I want? Put the open can in the fridge, and watch the carbonation disappear? Or do I just pour the excess down the drain? None of these are good solutions.

As for the beer itself, the appearance is pretty good ... pale golden, with a small white head that sticks around for quite a while. The aroma is more grassy and piney than what I remember from October. I thought it was very tropical fruit then; now there is a bit of the tropical fruit, but it's receded. The taste is similar ... grassy, just a bit of fruit, and a lot of bitterness (which is good, not bad). I expect that these cans are older than what I drank in October, but I can't tell, as Lagunitas provides no coding at all on the outside of the box (all you can see in the store), and only a mysterious coding on the bottom of the can. Definitely not friendly to the consumer.

In the end, it's not a good enough beer for me to want to drink more than my usual, and it's really not good enough for me to look forward to drinking the last three cans in the box. The nineteen ounce format is wasteful, which is why I knocked the overall rating down. If you can find this fresh in the 12 ounce format, you perhaps should still give it a try.

3.81/5  rDev -4.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

Surprisingly great! Very light straw yellow color with a very hoppy aroma. Deceivingly light, very wheaty with a subtle bitter hoppy taste. A little overly carbonated for me, but still a very clean beer.

4.01/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

3.83/5  rDev -3.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.26/5  rDev +7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

A new favorite. Very flavorful for a low abv ale (5.5%). I loved the flavor of this ale. It a very citrus-y hop flavor. Not overpowering but, to me, right on the money. It had a great light-to-mid-amber color. It was not too foamy when poured and t had a very good lacing. The taste was great and the overall feel was quite good. I will be having a few more of these. An awesome brew.

3.63/5  rDev -8.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

4.08/5  rDev +2.5%

Picked up a stovepipe can from the Craft Beer Quick Stop 9-4-17 for $2.00. Canned on 7-18-17.

Beer poured a bright golden with a nice long lasting white head that is leaving lacing.

Nose is fresh citrus, very nice!

Taste is lemon, grapefruit, and a touch of papaya over a light malt body. A touch of pine bitterness finishes this nicely.

Mouthfeel is light bodied and refreshing.

Overall this is a lovely sessionable flavorful brew that i am glad to have tried and a smoking deal @ $2!

4.39/5  rDev +10.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

12th Of Never Ale from Lagunitas Brewing Company