Hop Stoopid | Lagunitas Brewing Company

3.25/5  rDev -22.4%

4.5/5  rDev +7.4%

4.75/5  rDev +13.4%

4.62/5  rDev +10.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A- Crystal clear, amber color. Poured a nice creamy 2 finger head that dissipated slowly. Sticky lacing.

S- HUGE aromas! Orange, sweet grapefruit, pineapple, tropical fruits, pine, caramel, with a little lemon. Nicely balanced. I give this category a 5. I just don't see how it could improve.

T- Tropical fruits and citrus mixed with creamy caramel, a little dank, and big resinous pine with some hop spice in the finish. ABV is almost completely hidden. Awesome malt backbone. Good balance.

M- Super creamy, medium body that feels light on the tongue. Nice carbonation. Slightly oily and bitter finish with a touch of bitter grapefruit rind.

O- I have no choice but to call this one of my favorite IPAs. It is incredibly balanced, and the parts combine to create amazing flavors. I will be drinking this many more times to come.

4.75/5  rDev +13.4%

4.12/5  rDev -1.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

I really like this. A nice amber color and nice white head. A pleasant honey and citrus smell comes to me. At first sip it is rather smooth. You can taste the honey and there is still 102 ibu's to deal with. It is balanced very well. I compare this to hopslam. (I may be right, I may be wrong) I find this to be better balanced in flavor and drink ability. With the alcohol count down from hopslam, there is a definite smoothness that hopslam does not possess. A good beer and a good buy.

4.84/5  rDev +15.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

My favorite IPA. Extremely drinkable for an 8% IPA. At $4.99/bomber it is one of the best bargains out there. It pours a golden color with a nice white head. I smell grapefruit, other citrus flavors, slight pine, and floral notes. Also a sweet malt smell is there too. I always take a few seconds to enjoy the smell on this one, it is heavenly. Taste is a huge hop bomb, exactly what I expect from 102 IBUs, but ends with a little malt sweetness to provide balance. Lagunitas is an excellent brewery and this is my favorite beer in their lineup.

4.19/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

A: Amber color, clear, nice head that is off white, mild lacing on edge of class.
-- Bottle is unassuming and to be honest at first look I thought it was going to be a Farmhouse ale. Gives good details about the beer including the IBU and O.G on the label

S: Sweet, hoppy clean

T: Clean, hoppy taste with the strong hoppy bite initially. Mid palate I intermittently get a roasted barley taste that then finishes citrous with mild apples.

M: Full that lingers for several seconds after finishing

O: Great IPA and handled the cross country travel well. Would highly recommended to anyone who isn't afraid of high IBU's

3.5/5  rDev -16.5%