Censored | Lagunitas Brewing Company

Alströms:

Ratings: 2,729 |  Reviews: 890

1.18/5  rDev -68.3%

we found this at Moe's Center Street Beer Store Jupiter,Fla
poured into a pint glass , good carbonation which settles down quickly
copper colored and light amber malt nose
tastes of malt , honey, slight hop finish, not strong however
drinkability ?
considering the price we probably wont purchase another 6 pack it's ok

The Censored rich copper ale is what they call this on the label.
rather weak almost watered down ?

this reminds me of a another brewer that makes Monk in the trunk ale, so close it could be the same , come on quit rippin off the ale drinkers make some ale
instead of this corporate rripoff blaaaa

1.46/5  rDev -60.8%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.5

Look- pours with a copper hue and 1 finger head dissipating quickly. Almost no lacing on the glass. The particulate matter (oh my!) I wish I could post a pic here. Looks like when you feed aquarium fish! Seriously, for a professional brewery there is no legitimate reason not to filter a copper ale. This is where the majority of the points are lost for me. I have to go into it reminding myself that it won't hurt me to drink it. So, here goes. . .

Smell- some Carmel malt. Nothing else.

Taste- Hmm . . . Sour, is this a bad bottle I wonder? Malt backbone is there but the sourness or possibly the hop bite kills it. I'm half way through and will be a struggle to finish. There are some Busch Signature Copper Lager series in the fridge from marinating some ribs. And, THEY, are calling my name over this stuff.

Mouthfeel- light with moderate carbonation. No issues for me here.

Overall- I may try one more in the future to see if this was a bad bottle. I generally like what Lagunitas puts out and appreciate their hops profile. But, this falls wayyy short of the mark.

1.5/5  rDev -59.7%

1.5/5  rDev -59.7%

1.75/5  rDev -53%

2.17/5  rDev -41.7%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.25

Has a dry taste and feel... was hoping some much more from this beer

2.2/5  rDev -40.9%

On tap at TPH 2/22/06.

My pint of The Kronic poured a deep copper with a suitable head. I have been meaning to try this beer for a while now and once I saw it on draught, I just couldn't resist. Unfortunately, it did not meet my expectations. I could not smell much of anything, and there definitely was no discrenable hop smell. Even worse, it tasted sickeningly sweet. It truly tasted like a pack of starburst. There was nothing to balance out the sweetness upfront, and until the slight hop bite as it went down, it was horribly unbalanced. The alcohol was well-hidden only because of the excessive sweetness. I just simply did not enjoy this brew.

2.21/5  rDev -40.6%