A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale | Lagunitas Brewing Company

A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' AleA Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale

Lagunitas Brewing Company
lagunitas.com

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Brewed with 50% wheat malt and all the "C" hops.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-14-2009

Ratings: 8,826 |  Reviews: 1,659
4.5/5  rDev +7.4%

3.87/5  rDev -7.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

After reading some of he review maybe I came with too high of expectations. I like the beer, but it's nowhere near as good as their brown Suggs substitute.

Very clear pour with a great golden color. The smell had some sweetness to it. A little hoppy taste, but not strong or over powering. Very smooth going done.

Overall it's a very good beer, but not sure that I'll be going back for the price it cost.

4.39/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

This is the best IPA I've had. I'm not a fan of IPAs but this was up my alley! Nice grapefruit taste, lower IBU bitterness than a lot of IPAs (64 IBU), and that wheat beer mix makes it much more drinkable than a lot of IPAs.

I know that they consider this a "American Pale Wheat Ale" but this is an IPA to me. It tastes just like Hop Nosh but toned down (that's an IPA.. which I do like). However you categorize this as it is tasty to me! This is better than Hop Nosh. That wheat does wonders for this beer.

I read the beer advocate description for "American Pale Wheat Ale" and it says its an Americanized version of a Hefe Weizen. That gets me interested! You know what, I don't want to call this an IPA any more since I don't like IPA that much. Sign my name on the petition for APWA!

3.25/5  rDev -22.4%

4.37/5  rDev +4.3%

There is a nice blend of sweetness and "hoppiness" in this beer. It has a very nice nose. Gotta love what they put on their bottles! I am curious...they state that the beer has 64.20 for International Bitterness Units (IBUs). Is it acidity/PH? How is that tested? Original gravity and alcohol by volume is certainly easy to test.

4.5/5  rDev +7.4%