A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale | Lagunitas Brewing Company

A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' AleA Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale

Lagunitas Brewing Company
lagunitas.com

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Brewed with 50% wheat malt and all the "C" hops.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-14-2009

3.8/5  rDev -9.7%

3.5/5  rDev -16.9%

4.08/5  rDev -3.1%

4.25/5  rDev +1%

This is very good beer, first taste was a little off but quickly got better. By the bottom of the glass I definitely wanted another.
Pleasantly hoppy. I rarely buy any sort of wheat beer, I just did not notice it on the packaging. I have purchased this more than once! And though I still
generally loathe wheat. The other two exceptions to my 'no-wheat' policy are Bell's Oberon and 3 Floyd's Gumball.
Also noticed a slew of new Lagunitas products near me, including several 'real' IPAs. Now that I know that they are brewing in
Chicago, can they be added to the 'best beer in the midwest' list?

4.75/5  rDev +12.8%

My favorite non-limited non-seasonal release beers to drink from a bottle. Until I read on BA that this beer was an "American Pale Wheat Ale", I had assumed it was an IPA - piney hops with a lovely malty sweetness.

In NYC, I have found the taste quality of this beer to have a pretty high variation. When my brother was visiting NYC (from Petaluma, CA) we got one of the not-so-great six packs from a super market prompting the dreaded criticism of "It doesn't taste as good out here." Stores that have a high turnover (like a Whole Foods beer store or specialty beer stores) are your best bet for a relatively fresh batch. With this beer, freshness means everything. With the opening of the Chicago brewing site, hopefully those of us on the east coast can expect to see a steadier stream of fresh Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale.

3.75/5  rDev -10.9%

1.92/5  rDev -54.4%

4.28/5  rDev +1.7%

4.12/5  rDev -2.1%

4.2/5  rDev -0.2%

4.24/5  rDev +0.7%

4.56/5  rDev +8.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

3.88/5  rDev -7.8%