A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale | Lagunitas Brewing Company

A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' AleA Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale

Lagunitas Brewing Company
lagunitas.com

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Brewed with 50% wheat malt and all the "C" hops.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-14-2009

4.2

Ratings: 8,920 |  Reviews: 1,680

4.21/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Pours a clear light-amber to straw color with a thick two finger cap and heavy retention.I didn't pick up the wheat characteristics I was expecting on this one, lots of citrusy hops with a slight malt presence. I picked up the wheat flavor after around my third sip, about two minutes after my pour. The wheat presence lingered on the back of my tongue while all the hops danced around. Moderate and pleasant carbonation throughout the beer. Definitely a sneaky 7.5%.

4.23/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Overall well balanced for a wheat beer and an IPA. I consider this more an IPA. The grapefruit pine and shine, and the orange peel taste comes through as it does in so many wheat beers. A nice sweetness, but I wish I had more hops. Just a bit more.

A very well balance beer overall. Nice for a warm day.

3.5/5  rDev -16.9%

3.75/5  rDev -10.9%

4.23/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Poured a nice clear honey gold with a thin but lasting head. Nice lacing. Smells fresh, hoppy, and of pink grapefruit. Tastes of grapefruit, tangerine, and pine, and a trace of wheat. My wife picked up wheat on the nose as well. Every so often I taste a little of the alcohol but it is we'll masked overall. A very good wheat ale. Thanks again for the taste Bob!

crystal clear amber gold, with a middling head that poofs. nose; floral citra-hops, biscuit and mild pine. taste; an odd hefe and west coast ipa mix here - very hop-forward with lots of citrus notes (lime zest). wheat shows up midway with the customary breadiness and finishes a little sweet and soapy (almost belgian yeast-ish) with still more of the citrus hops showing up. highly carbonated. this wheat brew, as it is classified, is definitely wearing a very convincing ipa costume! ;) overall, it reminds me of most attempts at belgian-ipa's.

A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale from Lagunitas Brewing Company