A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale | Lagunitas Brewing Company

A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' AleA Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale

Lagunitas Brewing Company
lagunitas.com

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Brewed with 50% wheat malt and all the "C" hops.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-14-2009

4.18/5  rDev -0.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.14/5  rDev -1.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Poured this into my Samuel Adams perfect pint glass as BeerAdvocate advises me to do.

A: Pours a medium yellowish-orange with a huge 2-3 finger head. I can already tell that this is going to have lots of carbonation. This also leaves a generous amount of lacing throughout.

S: Upon first smell I got lots of hops. Citrusy, piney goodness. Upon second whiff, I got a huge grapefruit aroma. Seeing that this is a pale wheat ale, the hoppy smell is kind of surprising.

T: Grapefruit is the main flavor in this brew. I taste the grapefruit throughout with some hops coming through as well. This has quite a unique flavor for a pale wheat ale. The drinkability of this is what will make me buy this in the future.

M: Medium mouthfeel with some carbonation as I alluded to in the appearance part of this review. It's ok. Quite a bitter aftertaste which is undoubtedly from the hops. Not too bad though.

Overall: This is a pretty solid brew. It's very possible that I may revisit this brew in the future. Lagunitas uses hops extremely well from what the offerings I've had. Good shit.

A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale from Lagunitas Brewing Company