Lagunitas #10 (aka #9) | Lagunitas Brewing Company

good
Lagunitas #10 (aka #9)Lagunitas #10 (aka #9)

Lagunitas Brewing Company
lagunitas.com

Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale

Availability: Summer

Added by Bierman9 on 08-08-2002

firstprev| 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next → last
3.85/5  rDev +3.5%

Poured from a bomber, it's hazy gold with a white head the disappears quickly leaving no trace on the glass. The smell is predominantly citrus, with grapefruit being the most identifiable smell. Citrus flavors also dominate, with a bit of a hop bite, and increasing honey-like sweetness as it warms. Nothing about this beer made me think Saison. In fact it seems closer to SN Summerfest than anything else I've tried. The 7.7% abv is well-hidden and it does go down well on a hot, late summer day. Another good-but not overwhelming-offering from Lagunitas.

Light gold color. Large foamy head. Aroma is malty, fruity and sweet. A medium bodied ale. Malty and slightly hoppy. Not very bitter. Nice flavor. Interesting taste. Mouthfeel is full and round. Finish is clean and smooth. Aftertaste is slightly bitter. No alcohol bite despite 7.2%.

3.58/5  rDev -3.8%

22oz. bottle

An enjoyable ale for a hot night.

Pours a golden straw color. It looks like a golden sky right before the sun dips down and the sky starts to turn amber. A nice head that sticks around. It shrinks but does not leave entirely. Decent lacing. A very carbonated brew. The scents are strong citrus and hops. There is a definate yeast offering on the nose. Very faintly in the background I noticed some berry scents as well.

This ale tastes more like a Belgian wheat beer than a California ale. There is a definate grain and grassy flavor. Mild hops and a citrus pop to the finish. The flavors are very crisp. Some alcohol in the flavor but it does not hurt the ale.

The mouthfeel is very crisp. A refreshing cool feel while drinking this ale. Great on a hot night but I do not think I could drink more than one at a time. Even though it is crisp on the nose and mouth it feels heavy on the stomache.

3.15/5  rDev -15.3%

At first I though that this was a very good ale, but, after a couple more sips, I found it lacked something. It poured a hazy straw yellow with lots of foam and some lace. The taste was sort of a mild bitterness that just didn't carry a very good hop flavor. Sort of yeasty, but that was it. Just a boring belgium style ale that just didn't do a thing for me.

2.76/5  rDev -25.8%

I bought this thinking it would be nice and refreshing for this miserable hot weather I have had to endure. I was sorely let down when I realized this was a Belgian style ale. Color was a deep gold, white head lasted pretty good and left some lace. Yeasty aroma was strong. Taste was yeasty and very clovish. A total turn off as I don't like Belgian or Belgian style beer. So drinkability is obviously in the dumper for me. However I'm sure you advocates who are in to this style of beer should enjoy this. Not my thing.

4.2/5  rDev +12.9%

Ok after careful analysis of the "blurb" on the label..this IS #9 renamed..#10 how original!!
Ok bought in a 22 oz brown bomber..with the Lagunitas mutt on label.
Poured into my imperial British pint mug this is good looking deep golden, slighly hazy beer..with a creamy white head..it doesn't last long but there is good lacing.
Lovelly spicy aroma..backed by a doughy aroma..very fresh.
MM says "crispy summer ale" this to me is more smooth and thick than "crispy"..certainlly there is a spicy , zesty after taste which I suppose might be construed as "crisp"..but whatever this is a good tasting brew.
Very nice and distinctive on the palate.
Very drinkable summer ale..this is good stuff.

4.77/5  rDev +28.2%

Hazy pale orange color with a nice off-white head that dissipates. Decent carbonation. Fruity and yeasty Belgian aroma. Fruity citrusy flavor. Nice soft malt character with light tartness. Light-medium bodied -- Very refreshing !!

Very nice -- deceptive for ABV; nice, mellow

Label States: "Crispy Summer Ale" & 29.5 IBU

2002 Summer Seasonal
Tasted: 07/11/03

(22 oz. bottle)

3.92/5  rDev +5.4%

Translucent gold color as it sets in my glass, crowned by a pythonic sized head that is frothy, white and leaves in its wake a fine sheet of coating lace. Nose has a hint of “Herbs”, spicy and sweet, oodles of malt, and quite a sniffable beer, the start sweet, malt laden and the top middling in its mouth feel. Hops are perky in their spiciness, pleasantly carbonated, quite dry aftertaste. As far as I'm concerned, the "Jury" is still out on this one, will need a re-sample to be sure I like it, don't hate it, just not sure yet.

firstprev| 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next → last