Fusion VII | Lagunitas Brewing Company

Added by JizackFH on 10-05-2011

4.75/5  rDev +18.8%

3.5/5  rDev -12.5%

4.12/5  rDev +3%

On tap at Tenaya Creek brewery and Aces & Ales in Las Vegas in May, at Lagunitas in, August I think. The usual tangerine color for some of the Lagunitas hoppy offerings, mild and thin white head on it, .4". Aroma was a big Lagunitas hop blast, although kind of standard for Lagunitas, it was very good, phenomenal coming from anyone else.

An ok body, its a little sweet, some tangerine, maybe apricot. Mellow body, I wouldn't say there is a ton of caramel to it, but it seems to have more of a body than most hoppy offerings from Lagunitas. Its like a fusion of an amber and an ipa hopped primarily with Cascades. Yeast presence is offering something in the way of fruit ester I would guess, as the hops are strangely not all that imposing here, especially when compared with the much lighter Daytime. But still very good nonetheless.

I did notice that the pint I had at Aces & Ales was superior to the one I had at Tenaya, for whatever reason.

4.09/5  rDev +2.3%

A - murky orange/golden tint, with lacing and good carbonation

S - sweet citrus, really pleasant

T - grapefruit/pineapple blend with not too sweet bread

M - medium bodied, good carbonation

Tropical Pale/IPA style. Enjoyed it after work. I recommend it for the style!

On tap at Wine 101.

A - hazy orange with a soft cap of dense, white head that has great retention

S - grapefruit, pineapple, passion fruit

T - bread, birthday cake, grapefruit, pineapple

M - smooth, medium bodied, well carbonated

This was fantastic. The tropical, citrusy aroma and flavor were spot on. The sweet, cake batter-like malt were a perfect compliment to the very forward hops. I could drink this all day long.

4.75/5  rDev +18.8%

4.25/5  rDev +6.3%

3.92/5  rDev -2%

This has that Lagunitas tang to it. You know the one I mean? I guess it's proprietary yeast or something. Either way, I wonder if I could pick out a Lagunitas beer on a blind tasting, at this point. Anyways. There are those piney, citric, and salty hop tones to it and a thicker sweet malt base than I would have guessed there'd be. Pretty nice, though it seems a bit unbalanced. Though I say that and I feel like I'm being nit-picky, honestly. Overall, the beer is nice, though I'm not sure if I'd ever go for it again if given the chance. Carbonation seems quite high and bites quite a bit.

4.25/5  rDev +6.3%

4.3/5  rDev +7.5%

A clear iced tea color with a healthy cream colored foam on top and lots of lacing sprawled out on the pint glass walls. The aroma suggests nothing but grapefruit hops with just a wisp of malt. Simple but oh so happy. The taste buds detect more of the grapefruit theme but there is a piney element and even some grassiness. This has mellow grain hidden down deep but the hops dominate despite the obvious drinkability. Medium light bodied with full foamy carbonation and a solid but refreshing feel. I was expecting much less based on previous reviews. This is a sessionable home run!

4.02/5  rDev +0.5%

I really liked this beer. I had it yesterday at BC's Pizza and Beer during happy hour in a 23 oz chilled glass. It had great head and lacing and I loved the flavor more than anything else about it, ok its mouthfeel was pretty awesome too.

This is a very drinkable IPA, I would say so even for folks who aren't all that into IPAs. Wonderful taste but not too bitter with great hoppiness. Infusion is a good word to describe it, it tastes like some of the best IPAs infused together to make an exceptional beer.

The hoppiness is sort of piney not unlike the hoppiness of a General Sherman IPA, this aspect of the beer could also be smelled before taking a sip. Good nose but I could handle stronger, I like very floral powerful hop smelling beers. I would love to find this in 6 packs. I'll keep lookin.

3.67/5  rDev -8.3%

A - Pours orange to amber with soapy rings of lacing. Slight carbonation is noted. Clarity is very good.

S - First impression is a citrusy IPA. There is an obvious hop profile that is clearly west coast. Has that telltale pine scent.

T - Taste is less hop foward and more citrusy sweet. Balance is pretty well done. Flavors seem to linger in the mouth.

M - Slick feel, slightly raspy, and medium bodied.

O - I'm indifferent towards this one. It is a solid beer, but other than it toning down the hoppiness for a more citrus-sweet flavor I didn't feel there was much else. Worth trying, but not outstanding.

3.9/5  rDev -2.5%

On tap at Tony’s Darts Away in Burbank, CA.

Pours a clear honey orange with a 1/2 inch foamy tan head that settles to a thin cap. Thin rings of lace form on the glass on the drink down. Smell is of tropical fruit, citrus fruit, and citrus zest. Taste is of citrus fruit (especially orange/tangerine), tropical fruit, and citrus zest on the finish. There is a mild bitterness on the palate after each sip. This beer has a lower level of carbonation with a medium bodied mouthfeel. Overall, this is a good beer with some nice citrus and tropical aromas and flavors.

3.88/5  rDev -3%

On tap at the Birdsall House, Peekskill, NY

Pour clear, a darker shade of almond amber.

Medium tan head, frothy and lasting, and leavingsome fine and high in the glass lacing.

Nose features earthy mint and herbal hops.

Easy drinking, on the balanced side of the IPA world.. Respectable and worth a try, but sorta tame

Fusion VII from Lagunitas Brewing Company