Lagunitas Sucks | Lagunitas Brewing Company

3.92/5  rDev -9.3%
look: 4 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 4.75

One of my favorites.

4.37/5  rDev +1.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.36/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.04/5  rDev -6.5%

3.75/5  rDev -13.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.41/5  rDev +2.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

12 Oz Bottle poured into glass
Look - mostly clear, golden or light amber color, thick head of foam that slowly fades down and leaves lots of lacing
Smell - very floral and sweet. Aroma of malty biscuit, sugar grass, tropical sweet fruit, and various flowers
Taste - A very malt-forward beer with the hops in the background. Not as sweet tasting as the smell and that i believe is a good thing, i don't want it too sweet. Notes of citrus, pine resin, flowery herbs, sourdough bread, and grass. Alcohol is certainly picked up at the 8% ABV but i don't mind and i expect it to be present. Carbonation is medium and body is medium-full.

Overall, packs a flavor punch and i really like it. It tastes fresh and is well balanced. I could probably drink only one of these in a sitting, a decent dessert beer or along those lines. For those wondering how it compares to other Lagunitas beer, the only IPA i would prefer over this is Hop Stoopid. I give it a grade of A

4.04/5  rDev -6.5%

4.19/5  rDev -3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.42/5  rDev +2.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.73/5  rDev +9.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

One sip of this and I immediately wished I had another bottle lined up (I didn't). Lemony, refreshing, light, clear, the color of apple juice. One bottle gave me a nice buzz. But why does Lagunitas Suck? I must find a source of sixpacks.

3.81/5  rDev -11.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.64/5  rDev -15.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Golden yellow in color; light bubbles along edges of glass, but not a lot of foam.
Citrus smell and hoppy; not overly pungent nor bitter smell.
Light taste with a sour note. Tastes good warm and cold; although, this beer would be quite enjoyable on a warm day with light summer food.

4.1/5  rDev -5.1%

4.06/5  rDev -6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

I have learned to enjoy dbl IPA,s and this is one of the better ones. I will look forward to a few more to buy.

2.87/5  rDev -33.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Poured into a tall Peroni galss. Beautiful amber color with a nice foamy head. Smells of spices and apple. Taste of apple and cinammon; very alcoholic taste. Light mouthfeel. Very much like a whiskey. Not half as good as my favorite 12th of Never. Interesting experiment, though.

3.79/5  rDev -12.3%

4.59/5  rDev +6.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.25/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.77/5  rDev -12.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Lot is 4/27(117 8) . Tried on 7/27. Just 3 Months old.
Well, I should try more newer one.
As I expected, my taste note is different from other comments.
Aroma in the beginning: Some orange and subtle.
1st sip: Fruit notes and moderate bitterness with molts notes.
But I can not say clear and crisp.
Will try again.

3.92/5  rDev -9.3%

Poured from a bottle into a glass.

Overall: a big, hoppy, quality DIPA. Feel and look are tops, but not as malty as I would have liked.

Looks great with a dark gold color, viscous skim head, and sticky lacing. Smell was packed with bright, citrusy hops. No particular graininess. Taste followed with bitter, rind-like hops upfront, in the middle, and in the finish. The malt character was hiding on this one. Great feel. A little sticky. Smooth.

3.89/5  rDev -10%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Pale yellow color, like honey. Bright hoppy profile, almost no malt, almost no bitterness. Light pine profile.

Lagunitas Sucks from Lagunitas Brewing Company