Lagunitas Sucks | Lagunitas Brewing Company

#446

Ratings: 10,364 |  Reviews: 1,642
3.75/5  rDev -13.2%

3.88/5  rDev -10.2%

I think this was more marketing ploy than actual genius.

Don't get me wrong, this beer was palatable.
I think I bought into the hype. Some kind of substitute was supposed to be in place of brown sugar. Pardon me for not noticing the subtlety in this west-coast hop party, which still dominates the initial taste. The sweetness, if any comes out later. It is arguable if this be deserves a "premium" rating like it has been given. Lagunitas has superior brews than this if you are willing to look around.

4.46/5  rDev +3.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

12 oz bottle poured into a snifter

A - Tangerine color leaning more towards the golden end. Lots of small carbonation bubbles, about 2 fingers of pillowed white head.

S - This smells awesome! Pineapple, mango, citrus, grapefruit. Little bit of floral hints also. Lots of awesome hop scents.

T - Taste is very similar to the nose. Lots of bold tropical hop flavors, also a tad bit of malt flavor to balance it. Slight amount of alcohol but it is very well masked.

M - Feels nice in the mouth, just the right amount of carbonation. Medium leaning towards the heavy syrup side but not to much.

O - This is probably the best beer I have ever had, the more I have it the better it gets. Pick this up if you see it! Also the price is great, $8.99 for a 6 pack. Cant beat that for a beer of this quality!

4.75/5  rDev +10%

4.61/5  rDev +6.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I've had this beer many times and every time it just gets better! Awesome beer that's now readily available in my area too.

Pours a brilliant golden color with a frothy, white one finger head. Tiny carbonation bubbles rise up from the bottom of my glass.

The aroma is of hops and citrus. Definitely getting a sweet smell also maybe caramel.

Taste of hops and an orange citrus. Has a bit of a spiciness but a really good sweet brown sugar caramel taste!

Mouthfeel is thin but coats your mouth with the nice hoppy sweetness of this beer! Not too much of a lingering bitterness either.

Overall this beer is great, really drinkable and cost friendly! This is one of my "go to" beers for sure. Lagunitas definitely doesn't Suck!

4.55/5  rDev +5.3%

4.75/5  rDev +10%

4.26/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Pours a clear gold with 2-finger head, impressive lacing, pretty carbonation. The smell has a very aromatic quality to it, lots of pine but also a kind of floral quality. It tastes awesome--dominated by pine, but with a solid malt backbone and a real brightness from grapefruit, mango, citrus. Finishes somewhat bitter but clean. It also has a very light mouthfeel for something of this hoppiness which I'm really digging. Keep it around--I'm sad that it's going to go away!

4.4/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Interesting double ipa. Brown sugar sub is a good choice and pleasing.
Lagunitas keeps doing work, pick up this 6pk. Good color, the smell really stands out.
Havent seen this beer on tap yet and looking forward to trying it.

Have to add text to get this rating to 250 characters so this gibberish is just to meet that quote. So if u r reading this...f your couch.
A-