Bottom Up Wit | Revolution Brewing

Revolution Brewing
Illinois, United States
revbrew.com

Style: Witbier

Our interpretation of this classic and refreshing Belgian style ale is brewed with pilsner and wheat malts. Freshly ground coriander and Curacao orange peel, along with a special Wit yeast strain, contribute wonderful orange and citrus aromas and a crisp, yet silky, mouthfeel.

Added by emerge077 on 02-11-2010

4.9/5  rDev +27.6%

Excellent beer, solid wit. Revolution simply can't be beat.

4.75/5  rDev +23.7%

4.74/5  rDev +23.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This beer was so awesome!

4.67/5  rDev +21.6%

This is my favorite new craft beer. It's in the class of a Blue Moon. It is worth the extra cost to drink this fine beer.

4.67/5  rDev +21.6%

Great witbier, very juicy Orange flavor

4.52/5  rDev +17.7%

4.5/5  rDev +17.2%

Bottom Up Wit - Revolution Brewing Company. Oured from the can into a weixen glass, this brew's head is three fingers thick, solid lacing, and a hazy golden body.

Smells like a bit of citrus among a backbone of lively grains.

I taste a nice touch of orange peel and banana esters. Also, a smaller amount of the coriander mentioned on the can.

Mouthfeel here is crisp and smooth.

Overall, I choose to give Bottom Up Wit - Revolution Brewing Company a 4.5. This is a very decent wheat style by Revolution Brewing out of Chicago. Give this product and brewery a try!

4.5/5  rDev +17.2%

This is an exemplary example of an under-appreciated style. Wheat, citrus, and coriander all present and in awesome balance.

4.48/5  rDev +16.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Bottom Up Wit brewed by Revolution Brewing Company, with an ABV of 5.0% This brew pours out a cloudy amber color with a nice white head. This is a an unfiltered brew, you can not see though it. The smell of this brew is nice with grain and malts. You also pick up a nice sweetness in this brew. Now for the taste, it is bold with flavors. You pick up on spices, malts , and grains. There is is also a nice sweetness at the end of this brew. Revolution Brewing Company did a nice job with this one, there is nothing overpowering about this brew. Bottom Up Wit has a nice balance to it. The mouthfeel of Bottom Up Wit is bold and rich. Overall I'm giving Bottom Up Wit a 4.5 out of 5. I would buy this brew again. I like how this brew is different from most brews on the market.

4.44/5  rDev +15.6%
look: 4 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Once more, I will reiterate the point that if you are transiting through Union Station in Chicago and you have some time to spare, head over to Binney's (South Side Loop). I CANnot imagine that you will be disappointed. I have never been more appeased in my life than when I am leaving there.

The Crack was nothing notable, so I decided to spice things up with an inverted Glug. Oh, man, was that ever the right idea! It got everything in suspension out of suspension and the result looked like banana cream pie with meringue topping. Two fingers of dense, rocky, bone-white head with great retention sat atop a murky, yellowish liquid that looked like either freshly-squeezed grapefruit or banana pudding. Man, as a kid, I used to love instant banana pudding with real banana slices. I still love eating bananas. Yellow, amusing, tasty. Back to basics. The nose smelled like someone emptied the spice rack! I remember a Playboy cartoon as a kid where the guy is positioned to partake of some salmon and he looks upward with the caption being, "I knew this was going to be good, but seeing a spice rack above your headboard ... !" I did not get it at the time, but I do now. Gutes essen! Black pepper or lemon pepper was prevalent, but so was coriander and allspice. The first, and I hesitate to call it a sip, more like a draught, was big and full, not quite viscous, but getting there, and the spices were fantastic. I think that I caught some vanilla in the mix, rounding the edges. Man, but the spices were prevalent in this one. I used to love to cook as a teenager and I was probably better versed then than I am today, but this was like a spice melange. Finish, as you CAN probably imagine, was bone-dry. I felt like I had been licking alum this afternoon. All of that said, would I put in the cooler? Perhaps a few, depending on who was coming along. If it were just me, one might be enough.

4.4/5  rDev +14.6%

4.34/5  rDev +13%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Served at a Revolution brew dinner.

White foamy head and a yeasty haziness.

Lemon peel on the nose, coriander and clean.

Modest coriander, orange peel and notes of bread.

Unassuming, refreshing, crisp and clean. A delicious wit I would love to serve up in the warmer months.

Bottom Up Wit from Revolution Brewing