Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Revolution Brewing
Illinois, United States
revbrew.com

Style: Witbier

Our interpretation of this classic and refreshing Belgian style ale is brewed with pilsner and wheat malts. Freshly ground coriander and Curacao orange peel, along with a special Wit yeast strain, contribute wonderful orange and citrus aromas and a crisp, yet silky, mouthfeel.

Added by emerge077 on 02-11-2010

2.5/5  rDev -32.6%

3.52/5  rDev -5.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Served in a clear plastic cup at the Chicago French Market. Beautiful golden color and good effervescence. Refreshing and easy drinking like a macrobrew but with more of a backbone. I couldn't pick out any flavor aside from "beer" but it was definitely hearty and satisfying. Couldn't really taste any spices at all.

3.3/5  rDev -11.1%

A- Pale gold; a bit hazy, though you can still easily see through it
S- An indescribable sour-ish smell, fair amount of orange
T- Lots of orange and wheat flavors present throughout. Bit of a grainy aftertaste, not unpleasant
M- medium, though plenty of carbonation
O- Not the greatest fan of wit beers; I suppose I just prefer the comparative heartiness of full-on wheat beers. As for this beer, I felt I came to enjoy it the more I drank it - refreshing and effervescent. Certainly one of the better wit beers I've tried and better than Hoegaarden in my book.

3.66/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

12 oz can poured into a pint glass

A: golden yellow with a slight haze and a nice sized off-white head.

S: Smells of wheat and lemon with a bit of banana and coriander. Pretty typical of the style I think.

T: Tastes a bit tart in line with the lemon aroma and very grainy with a bit of floral and citrus notes.

M: I really like the carbonation and texture of this. Goes down really smooth and really compliments the citrus flavors.

O: I tend to go for Belgian Strong and Wit beers so I, no doubt, am a bit biased but I could definitely keep coming back for more of this one. That being said, there are other ones out there that I think I like a bit more.

4.5/5  rDev +21.3%