Red Stripe Jamaican Lager | Desnoes & Geddes Limited

Desnoes & Geddes Limited
Jamaica
redstripebeer.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

In 2012, Diageo moved production of the U.S. supply of Red Stripe from Jamaica to the U.S.; The supply is produced by City Brewing Co. in La Crosse, Wisconsin and the Latrobe Brewing Company in Latrobe, Pennsylvania, which was the main brewery for Rolling Rock for over 60 years. Desnoes & Geddes will still make Red Stripe for Jamaica, Brazil, Canada and Europe.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-30-2000

Ratings: 3,201 |  Reviews: 976

I honestly only tried this beer because i saw it on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and I expected it to taste pretty bad actually. I was mind-blown by how smooth and flavorful this is and it became my favorite beer. It pours a medium gold color, with a smell of sweet grain and a bit of spice. The taste is great with a good level of carbonation and a mix of slightly sweet grain and hops with a smooth clean finish.

4.88/5  rDev +62.7%

Look I gave a 5 excelellent clarity and beautiful light amber color very close to being a light goldned color.smell wasn't as corny as say bush, I whiffed very light corn aroma. but there;s something in the beer giving it a very slight taste I can't put my fingeron
it lomao maybe it is for maldihyde!!! Joking!, which is one of the reason I like this beer!I give the feeL 5 because I like carbanation! and overall a 5 because It is a primo beer for it's class of cerveza! I have already bought it agin and it sets very well om your head the next day!

4.75/5  rDev +58.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I love this beer.

Had it for the first time on my honeymoon last year to Jamaica and this stuff is EVERYWHERE there. 6 AM we arrive and our driver stops on the way to the resort to buy us a Red Stripe...not kidding.

This is a macro, but a really good one. It smells skunky, but for some reason I really enjoy the smell of it. This is infinitely better than Bud or Miller.

Taste is very light and it is highly drinkable. Tastes a bit of rice and corn.

Hooray Beer!

No problem, mon.

A - Pours a light amber with a finger of head. Head disappears quickly

S - Flowery hops. that's about all that I can smell.

T - Not very hoppy, almost no bite at all. I like it a lot. A LOT.

M - a tad bit heavier than water.

D - I drank this one before I knew it. I wish i hadnt just bought one. sad day.

4.73/5  rDev +57.7%

I absolutely LOVE this beer - it is damn near one of my favorites. It is very smooth, full of flavor and once you've had enough of them, makes you wwant to speak with a Jamaican accent.

I think it's uniquie for the fact that it's not available everywhere and I enjoy it everytime I have it.

Red Stripe Jamaican Lager from Desnoes & Geddes Limited