Union Jack IPA | Firestone Walker Brewing Co.

Union Jack IPAUnion Jack IPA
Liked This Beer
4.23 w/ 6,668 ratings
Union Jack IPAUnion Jack IPA

Firestone Walker Brewing Co.
firestonewalker.com

Alströms:
4.5

Ratings: 6,668 |  Reviews: 1,363

4.63/5  rDev +9.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

I love this IPA its a staple by which I can judge other IPA's. Its got the basic west coast IPA floral notes as well as a matched bitterness that doesn't detract at all.

Pours a bright clear gold/orange with a 2 finger white head that falls fast to a ring and some suds.

Smell is SUPER aromatic with big orange and lemon, with pine, sour apricot, doughy bread, and caramel.

Taste is a welcoming malt wallop thanks to 7.5%, along with floral and bitter hops dancing around together in harmony on my tongue. It's so balanced I want to say this is better than lagunitas sucks, because this has a better yeast me thinks. Lagu's is kinda chalky tasting but still good none the less.

Feel is medium carbonation and a perfect feel that gives the flavors a nice mantle to sit upon as you take each sip. Its glorious to drink this and not wonder just how much better an IPA can get. It really is a challenger to heady topper and pliny, swear on my grave.

Overall you can't go wrong with this and it is widely available, so pick this one up when you can if you want a solid IPA. plus did I mention its 7.5%? for a single IPA? yeha it packs a wallop, session this and your in for a wild night.

3.75/5  rDev -11.3%

4.17/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

A: Orange-yellow color with off-white head. Looks like an IPA should look.

S: Pine, hops. That's really all I get.

T: This one's got a lot of hops and pine resin. Pretty tasty, if you ask me. I get orange peel, leather, pine, grass, lemon, zest, and some citrus-y tones. The beer has a nice malt backbone, too; but, this is not something I look forward to in an IPA.

M: Thicker than expected. Medium I think. Not bad.

O: I'm not a huge IPA fan, but I enjoy my IPA's every now and then. This is one that I enjoy! It's a well crafted brew. The only thing that got me was the malt character. I like IPA's with a light body and more fruit tones. This is a good brew, regardless.

4.75/5  rDev +12.3%

3.75/5  rDev -11.3%

3.83/5  rDev -9.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Amber pour...vanishing head...thin, but quiet waves of complexity....bitter flows to floral..NICE..at 7.5 % not a hint of ALC. My taste buds hoping for a closing splash but not happening. This is a good IPA but not a great one . In the IPA race to the top.. closing in, but finishing just out of the winners circle. Cheers

Union Jack IPA from Firestone Walker Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 93.5% out of 100 with 6,668 ratings