Firestone 13 - Anniversary Ale | Firestone Walker Brewing Co.

Firestone 13 - Anniversary AleFirestone 13 - Anniversary Ale
4.39/5
Outstanding
Firestone 13 - Anniversary AleFirestone 13 - Anniversary Ale

Firestone Walker Brewing Co.
firestonewalker.com

Style: American Strong Ale

Added by Todd on 11-02-2009

3.5/5  rDev -20.3%

3.5/5  rDev -20.3%

4.75/5  rDev +8.2%

4.79/5  rDev +9.1%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

I tasted this as part of a flight at an epic bottle share. The review is from my notes, based on at least 1 ounce and at most 2 ounce pours. In most instances this would be an insignificant sample size but considering the fact that I could quite possibly never even see this beer again, well, I couldn’t pass it up. [This is my standard intro to my tasting notes from the series.]

This poured a solid black with a cocoa-colored layer on top. I get a lot of dark chocolates and an Italian roast/espresso aroma. There’s a pronounced flavor of bitter chocolate, a lot of roast, some bourbon on it, maybe a hint of a maple sweetness. There’s still a touch of heat to this but overall the flavors have blended quite well. So delicious.

4.75/5  rDev +8.2%

4.41/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

22oz bottle. About 4 years old at this point.

A: Black, very small thin light tan head. Dissipated quickly.

S: I could smell it the second I cracked open the bottle. Very rich and intense chocolate, bourbon, coffee, vanilla.

T: So incredibly smooth. It is very rich and creamy. Vanilla and barrel flavors dominate for me. Chocolate, coffee and bourbon are all equally present and well balanced but not as intense as the smell. At 12%, this is one of the mellowest beers I've ever had. I almost wish there was bit more intensity but the mellowness of this 4 year old beer is incredible in its own right.

M: Very little carbonation. So creamy, great thickness.

O: Excellent anniversary ale that I never expected to be able to try. I wouldn't let any future anniversary ales that I get my hands on go quite so long but I'm really glad I tried this one when I did. Absolutely delicious.

4.25/5  rDev -3.2%

Firestone 13 - Anniversary Ale from Firestone Walker Brewing Co.