DBA (Double Barrel Ale) | Firestone Walker Brewing Co.

DBA (Double Barrel Ale)DBA (Double Barrel Ale)
3.67/5
Good
DBA (Double Barrel Ale)DBA (Double Barrel Ale)

Firestone Walker Brewing Co.
firestonewalker.com

Style: English Pale Ale

Added by BeerManDan on 08-24-2002

Ratings: 2,782 |  Reviews: 786

This is one of my all time favorite beers. If I'm having a hard time making up my mind on what I want to get, this is one beer that I can always rely on for all around good times. The first time I tried it was on tap at a Ducks game in Anaheim and I was first taken in by it's sweet smell. Then I took a sip and have been hooked ever since

This beer goes down smoothly and in a very welcome way, likes to linger on your tongue. I'd gladly recommend this beer to anyone looking to try craft beer.

4.84/5  rDev +31.9%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

As good as the best pale ales in a British pub. Does the label's Lion & Bear represent a match of British & California brewing talent?

4.84/5  rDev +31.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

05/14/13 On tap at Rattle n Hum, NYC. This has to be one of the best beers I've ever had. It exudes confidence. Nothing showy but everything to write home about. If you're not familiar with bitters/ESBs, this would be great starting point. Mind you, it may just set the bar too high for the next one you try, so why bother? I'll take this all day long. I'm thinking about moving to the house next to where this is made.

Aug 2013. On cask at Rattle n Hum, NYC. What a wonderful surprise walking into my favorite place & seeing this. Only recently tried it for the first time on tap & we became fast friends. This time, it's like meeting that gal you flirted with last week & seeing her anew, but now, she's wearing her favorite dress & it's become yours too. You want to think it's just for you, but in reality, that's just the away she is...& just when you thought you'd found a near perfect match. At moments like this I wonder if I'm just easy to please...or if my karma for the week is paying off. All that know me will say it's neither, so I guess this is just one damn good beer, pure & simple.

Apr 2014 On tap at Rattle n Hum, NYC. Again & again. Nice to know some things don't change. Thank you Firestone Walker guys.

4.75/5  rDev +29.4%

DBA (Double Barrel Ale) from Firestone Walker Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 3.67 out of 5 with 2,782 ratings