Wookey Jack | Firestone Walker Brewing Co.

Wookey JackWookey Jack
Liked This Beer
4.25 w/ 4,615 ratings
Wookey JackWookey Jack

Firestone Walker Brewing Co.
firestonewalker.com

4.75/5  rDev +11.8%

3.5/5  rDev -17.6%

4.13/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 3 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Nothing spectacular about the appearance. A jet black color with modest head retention and lacing. Par for the course with most any dark beer for me (maybe my perception of color is bad).

The aroma was pronounced upon first sniff but after that initial blast of hops and some spice from the rye it was somewhat muted.

The taste and mouthfeel were fantastic. Roasted/black malts and rye make for an amazing mix of flavor with the west coast hops. The mouthfeel was silky/oily with relatively low carbonation without drifting into the realm of a cask ale.

Overall this was definitely worth trying even at 19 bucks for a bomber. I can definitely see why it's so highly regarded.

3.5/5  rDev -17.6%

3.75/5  rDev -11.8%

3.68/5  rDev -13.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Quick review...shared with friends.

Looked nice, not much of a head and little lacing. Worried that this might be too old. Smell was piny and sweet. There was some mustiness there too.

Taste is where this let me down a little. I just found it a little mellower than I expected and it seemed to be lacking flavors.

Mouth feel was stickyish with medium carbonation.

Overall, I can't say whether I just had an old bottle, or this beer wasn't for me. I understand the appeal and I wanted to enjoy it more...but I found it average.

3.75/5  rDev -11.8%

4.25/5  rDev 0%

Wookey Jack from Firestone Walker Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 94.2% out of 100 with 4,615 ratings