As Follows | Stillwater Artisanal Ales

stillwater-artisanal.com

Style: Belgian Strong Pale Ale

Added by John_M on 03-06-2012

2.55/5  rDev -37.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

I had this beer on tap, served in a pint glass of all things. I really think it was served before its time (pretty green tasting). Appearance-wise it lacked the yeasty haze I like to see in a Belgian strong pale, in fact it was quite transparent. The flavor wasn't quite as developed as I had hoped. That being said I am glad to see another beer in this style being offered domestically.

2.75/5  rDev -32.8%

2.75/5  rDev -32.8%

3.06/5  rDev -25.2%

3.19/5  rDev -22%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3

Stamped 274:15 11:41, reviewed on 1/29-30. Aroma is fruity, perhaps banana, bready yeast, grass. Color light straw, slightly hazy, vigorous carbonation, tall, white bubbly head. Moderate feel. Mild and fruity taste, banana, almost hefe-like taste which tansitions to a very slightly bitter finish. There is no booziness to this; the alcohol is well hidden. To say this is not what I was expecting is an understatement. Maybe I'm just used to English style of strong ales. To my preferences, this beer is too soft fruity and saccharine. I won't be buying it again.

3.25/5  rDev -20.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

High C+ (3.25) / ABOVE AVERAGE

3.32/5  rDev -18.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

White head. Golden orange color. Light haze.

Lots of bananas, cloves, Belgian yeast, and spice. Herbal notes and some floral hops.

Bubbly feel. A bit boozy. Dry.

Not my cup of tea.

3.38/5  rDev -17.4%

So this is my second Stillwater beer. This one was not as disappointing as the first but I am confused about the ratings. Something off about the beer, I am really struggling to put my finger on it. To much bad after taste, sticks to the back of the tongue. Everything else seems good, but the off aftertaste kills the beer for me. I am thinking that there is something in stillwater that does not work for me. Hope you enjoy as much as the rAvg.

3.48/5  rDev -14.9%

The woman I loved was from Baltimore. But like this beer, the love turned bitter, and the necklaces and scent were spectacular but thin and not long lasting. Too much alcohol, for a thin beer, and a very hoppy finish made for a short lived affair with this one. Could be an interesting summer chiller att about 6% ABV.9% just kills it.

3.5/5  rDev -14.4%

Pours a half finger of head on a cloudy light straw body.
The aroma is mild overall: coriander, lemon and dry grain.
The taste starts with lemon bitterness, moves to a mild honey sweetness and finishes with a dry bitter note. Good profile.
The texture is silky with right amount of fizz. Excellent.

As Follows from Stillwater Artisanal Ales