Wit Ale | Rivertown Brewing Co.

Wit AleWit Ale
3.38/5
Wit AleWit Ale

Rivertown Brewing Co.
Ohio, United States
rivertownbrewery.com

Style: Witbier

Availability: Spring

With its complex herbal aroma, golden cloudy color, orange-citrusy fruitiness, and spicy flavor, our Belgian style wit beer is sure to satisfy. Contains wheat malt, spicy hops, orange peels, fresh coriander, and lemon zest. best served at 42ºf in a tall pilsner glass with a slice of orange.

Added by ltjska04 on 04-21-2010

3.54/5  rDev +4.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

3.53/5  rDev +4.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

2.75/5  rDev -18.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.96/5  rDev -12.4%

3.56/5  rDev +5.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

12oz bottle poured into a pint glass
A: Hazy/muddy light brown with a one-finger head that slowly settles
S: Straight-forward but distinct wheat & citrus
T: Matches the nose but more bland. Wheat/orange
M: Light-medium bodied, a bit smooth but plain
O: Give me this over Blue Moon but it lacks complexity

3.59/5  rDev +6.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

"Belgian" in the name does not automatically translate into "awesomeness." This is a nice "Belgian white," not one I will tell all my friends and family about. I understand there are some changes coming to this brewer...I'm curious to see how it changes their brews...I love to support local brewers and will continue to support these folks...I just think they can do a bit better

3.71/5  rDev +9.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Ugly and burnt orange, smells of spice and bananas. Not what I was expecting but in a good way and pleasant. I could drink more of this.

4.17/5  rDev +23.4%

One of the better Belgian White's I've tasted.

4.74/5  rDev +40.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

It has a nice Belgian feel with a great sweet finish.

3.28/5  rDev -3%

3.19/5  rDev -5.6%

Poured into a perfect pint. Bottle. Presumably I have a new bottle design that just says "WIT" on it.

3.25 A: Murky orange brown color. Two fingers of frothy beige head. Retention is a touch below average and a short ring of lacing is left. This is easily the darkest witbier I've come across to date.

3.5 S: Corriander and bubblegum are easily the strongest aromas along with a stout bready yeastiness. Orange peel, banana, and wheat beneath with caramel and toastiness. Based on the description I wrote, it seems like it should be pretty standard, but it has the quality of not being as "bright" as most wits I've had. Still, it's not bad.

3.0 T: Taste is more muddled than the nose. Again there's a hefty yeastiness, which is more than I prefer. It interfered with the tasting of the coriander and yeast products like bubblegum and banana. Caramel and a light toastiness.

3.5 M: Medium body. Good moderate carbonation. Light-moderate creaminess with some chewiness to it.

3.0 D: It's not bad, but it's different from the typical witbier. This is unfortunate because when I bought this, I was looking for a typical witbier. Give it a try I suppose.

3.77/5  rDev +11.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

3.36/5  rDev -0.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

4.24/5  rDev +25.4%

3.53/5  rDev +4.4%

3.87/5  rDev +14.5%

Wit Ale brewed by Rivertown Brewing Co with an ABV of 5.1%. This brew pours out cloudy amber color with a nice white head. It is an unfiltered brew you can not see thought it. The smell is rich with some grain and bitterness. There is nothing overpowering in the the smell of this brew. The taste is sweet and smooth. There is nothing bad about the taste of this brew.The mouthfeel is nice and clean. There is no bad aftertaste. Wit Ale is a nice, clean drinking brew. Overall, I'm giving this this brew a 4.25 out of 5. I would get this brew again.

3.75/5  rDev +10.9%

3.5/5  rDev +3.6%

Wit Ale from Rivertown Brewing Co.