Lambic | Rivertown Brewing Co.

LambicLambic

Rivertown Brewing Co.
Ohio, United States
rivertownbrewery.com

Style: Lambic - Unblended

Fermented by exposing the beer to untamed yeasts and bacteria native to Rivertown Brewery, known as House Funk. This blend fermented for over a year in wine barrels.

Added by mcallister on 04-26-2011

4.21/5  rDev +5.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Reviewed from notes. Poured from a 2014 vintage 750 mL bottle into a Brooklyn Brewery tulip glass.

A: Hazy gold, with a one-finger white head with good retention. A big initial blush of visible carbonation settles down quickly.

S: Farmhouse funk, dry and grassy (I assume some Brett), and lactic tartness. Some lemony citric acid with cracker malt sweetness in the background.

T: Lactic tart up front. Citric lemon bite. Funk from the Brett with accompanying barnyard character, which dries this out in the middle along with some faint oak tannins. A bit of sweetness from the biscuity malt. There's a touch of acetic sour bite near the end. It finishes dry and acidic with another punch of funk.

M: Fairly light bodied, though seems about average for style. Lots of carbonation sensation. Not much alcohol flavor but there's a bit of burn which makes me think this might be a bit higher of an ABV than most in style.

O: Very tasty, especially for a regular/rotating offering. I'm not sure the acetic character I'm picking up at the end adds anything to the beer (nor would be style appropriate, I don't think). But fortunately, it doesn't ruin the experience.

4.18/5  rDev +5%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

750ml bottle, 2013 vintage poured into a flute
A: Hazy very light brown with a slight yellowish/pinkish hue. Almost no head but light bubbles
S: Sour - green apple/citrus, some oak, wheat and yeast
T: Also sour, green apple initially, a hit of funk, some citrus, yeast, wheat, and choke cherry
M: Light-bodied, pleasant carbonation, a light touch of tannins
O: Quite complex and tasty. My first Lambic and I'll definitely be exploring the style more. I'll try to buy another bottle of this to try with some age

4.06/5  rDev +2%

1 PINT 9.4 FL. OZ. bottle
Served in a flute
2012 vintage

A - It is a golden color with straw highlights. I got very little off-white head.

S - The aroma is sour with some dank basement. I get some green apple and pear.

T - The taste is tart and vinous. It is acidic. The taste is not as intense as the smell. The sourness doesn't really linger in the aftertaste.

M - Sticky and moderate.

O - This is my first unblended lambic. I enjoy the sourness of the beer, but I would like more. With no experience with Belgian lambics, I am eager to try more. I like this one.

4.5/5  rDev +13.1%

4.25/5  rDev +6.8%

Lambic from Rivertown Brewing Co.