Armand'4 Oude Geuze Zomer (Summer) | Brouwerij 3 Fonteinen

Armand'4 Oude Geuze Zomer (Summer)Armand'4 Oude Geuze Zomer (Summer)

Brouwerij 3 Fonteinen
3fonteinen.be

Style: Gueuze

The second of four limited edition geuze blends using lambics brewed by 3 Fonteinen before the thermostat incident ceased brewing operations.

Added by fewa on 06-24-2011

A-Pours with a full two fingers head and is a deep golden amber.

S-Musty and barnyard funk.

T-Extremely well balanced for the style. I've had all these American Brett beers that are trying to be this, but this is the real deal. It made my mouth salivate and I kept wanting more.

M-Well carbed, crisp, and clean.

O-Cannot ding this beer at all. What everyone says is true and if this one is that good, I can't wait to try the others.

shared at darkness day by backfat or lurchingbeast
reviewed from notes

This is zomer... and my god is this glorious! By the hammer of Thor, I can say for certain that I have not had a better gueuze than this!
'I thought Lente was terrific. THIS beer kills Lente. Kills it.

Glorious golden body-- shimmering white head. great retention. Nice lacing in jagged rings.
-- at this point I proceeded to offer Omar a sip after he made an announcement over a megaphone. He took a sip and said, "That's fantastic!"--

The nose is light and funky, fruit forward, bright and fresh, crisp and clean, just spectacular.
I cannot imagine a better gueuze.
In the realm of gueuze-- this is a perfect 5 beer. Everything about this beer is perfect. Looks glorious, smells and tastes amazing, the feel is spot on, the sourness is perfect.

Everything about this beer is everything I want it to be.

Big big fat hairy cheers to backfat-- aka weaponX, aka wolverine, aka logan. You are the bomb-diggity, hob-knob skillet of all the hairiest hipster that I know. You take the gueuze-loving cake.

Of over 700 reviews, which is about half of the different beers I've tried-- this is the first perfect 5 beer for me.
Wonderful.