Drie Fonteinen Oude Geuze Golden Blend | Brouwerij 3 Fonteinen

Drie Fonteinen Oude Geuze Golden BlendDrie Fonteinen Oude Geuze Golden Blend

Brouwerij 3 Fonteinen
3fonteinen.be

Style: Gueuze

The Golden Blend is made with 4 year old Lambic that accounts for 25 % of it’s contents, the rest of the blend is made up by a "secret" combination of 1, 2 and 3 year old Lambic.

The exact mixture is only known by the master-blender Armand himself.

The name "Golden Blend" is not far away from the truth, in fact, the 4 years of maturation in oak-wooden barrels is making this particular Lambic very expensive.

Due to the "evaporation" through the barrels, only a small percentage of the lambic is left over after 4 years of maturing.

Added by rvdoorn on 03-14-2012

#137

View: Beers
Ratings: 1,081 |  Reviews: 188

Bought a bottle of this during my first visit to Sergio's World Beer in Louisville, KY. Poured into Sergio's personal Drie Fonteinen glass.

A: Beautiful golden straw color. Nice 1/4 inch head. Mouth is watering just looking at it.

S: Amazing lemon, funk, cob web scent. Simply perfect for a geuze. I wish my deoderant smelled like this!

T: What can I say...brilliant! Sharp acidity, beautiful funky lemon flavor. Absolutely the best geuze I've ever tasted. Well worth the price tag.

D: A pure sipper, but I could down this easily. I am trying to restrain myself and take my time.

M: Exactly what one would expect. Perfect.

Not much else to say about this gem. Absolutely a treat. I wish I could drink this every damn day. Fuckin Armand, you genius!!

Tart and funky and dusty. Sour passion fruit and pineapple. One of the most incredible beers I've ever had.

A summary of "all" of my FEB 2011 bottles that I've opened since ~2013:

Bottle 1: Can see the potential, inferior to A&T.
Bottle 2: Slowly developing, straying from A&T to Core.
Bottle 3: The same trend, heading to a stunning batch of Core.
.....
Bottle 9: Worlds collided and formed the perfect Geuze some time between 2015 & 2016, at or around five years since release.

The best Geuze are Golden Blend (if after Fruit Tingles + always carbonated), Armand & Tommy (if after the epitome of that classic 3F style), and The Seasons (if after a stunning funk-fest).

All remaining bottles are now only popped for special occasions (must have one per year though!). If you see a Batch #1 Golden Blend, buy it.

My favorite 3F geuze outside of the super scarce wales. All the factors in perfect balance. Supposedly Golden Doesjel "replaced" this one, but I have yet to find a G.D. bottle that equaled it...

We've compared a bottle of this one with Cantillon, and the difference was incredible. I like Cantillon Gueuze very much and I find it one of the best beers out there, but this is even better and more complex. Definitively funkier and moldier than any gueuze I've tried. Possibly the best beer I've had so far.

Drie Fonteinen Oude Geuze Golden Blend from Brouwerij 3 Fonteinen