Sweet Child Of Vine | Fulton Beer

Sweet Child Of VineSweet Child Of Vine

Fulton Beer
Minnesota, United States
fultonbeer.com

Style: English India Pale Ale (IPA)

Generous quantities of Simcoe and Glacier hops are added throughout the boil. Then, late in fermentation, we infuse the Sweet Child with another dose of Glaciers, imparting a bouquet of hop aroma that veritably bursts forth upon serving.

6.4% ABV

3.32/5  rDev -8.5%

4.5/5  rDev +24%

4.04/5  rDev +11.3%

3.25/5  rDev -10.5%

Light brown in color with excellent clarity. There's a fingernail of white foam covers the majority of the top of the beer. Brussels lacing. The hop aroma is faint at best. There's little aroma. There's a faint hop flavor present but it is fairly balanced with the malt presence. The body is moderately carbonated and slightly sticky.

3.68/5  rDev +1.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Had this at O'Donovan's in Minneapolis before going to the Tigers/Twins game. I think a pint (though it looked like a tall glass) was $6.

I hadn't ever heard of Fulton, being from Michigan, but I know Minnesota as a whole brews some pretty good beer. Deschute's Fresh Squeezed was on-tap, but I had already gotten a six-pack earlier. Moving on!

The most I can say about this beer is that... I liked it more than any English IPA I've had in the past, though that doesn't likely make this a good example of that particular style. The malt profile that's in English IPAs generally is there, but SCOV seems quite a bit more hopped than other English IPAs I've had. Personally, I LIKE that, since I don't generally care all that much for this style, but others may not. Nice floral and herbal hop characters with the amount of malt you'd expect from the style.

A nice beer from a brewery I hadn't heard of before, and it went well with my sammich.

3.36/5  rDev -7.4%