Worthy Adversary | Fulton Beer

Liked:
4.12/5
Alströms:

3.73/5  rDev -9.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

A-Pours near black but I still call it dark brown. A thin, tan foaminess rises then settles quickly.

S-Surprisingly mild. It's also quite straightforward. I would like more intensity in the nose. Roast and chocolate with a bit of coffee.

T-Flavor definitely has more of the intensity I was hoping for. A solid amount of roastiness and bitter coffee. Some char and a bunch of bitter cocoa. Maybe some black licorice as well.

M-I want more body here. It's a tad too thin. Well carbonated and fairly bitter. A bit of heat.

O-Pretty decent. The flavors and aromas are right to style but they seem to not mix together as good as some. It's till a solid Russian Imperial Stout.

4.75/5  rDev +15.3%

4.34/5  rDev +5.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

I had this beer for the first time yesterday at the Fulton Brewery. It was exceptional. It was served in a snifter, which was interesting and kind of charming. I noticed it looked a little thin, but the color was nice, very consistent, very dark, which I like. It smelled and tasted GREAT. It was not quite as thick as I was expecting, but very good. Very satisfying. The 9.5% ABV was noticeable, but it didn't hurt the flavor. I like a beer with some kick, so I loved that about it. All in all, one of my favorite beers, and something I will definitely enjoy many times again.

3.86/5  rDev -6.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

4.4/5  rDev +6.8%

4.75/5  rDev +15.3%

3.92/5  rDev -4.9%

Decided to plow through an entire 750 ml bottle of this on Valentine's Day. It was a Christmas gift from my cousin. Otherwise this is a beer that I wouldn't be able to get in Wisconsin.

The pour into the glass was a little lighter in both consistency and color than some of the top end imperial stouts. The initial taste was very roasty but as I adjusted to that and it warmed, there were tastes of chocolate and dark fruits that started to come through. There was a slight harsh alcohol taste that would probably go away with some age on this beer.

A very good imperial stout but not spectacular.

Worthy Adversary from Fulton Beer