Kenyan AA IPA | Migration Brewing Company

Style: American IPA

Added by MADhombrewer on 07-03-2011

Reviews by loren01:
3.55/5  rDev 0%

Had this beer on tap at Roscoes.
A: Color is caramel maybe slightly darker than that, no head at all and no lacing.\
S: Nice coffee scent, nothing else. Smells like an iced coffee
T: Taste is basically of coffee slight bitter aftertaste.
M: Oily, weird mouthfeel
O: This doesn't even taste like a beer, tastes and smells like iced coffee to me. I can't believe I even talked myself into getting a beer like this. I love IPA's, but I like them to taste like IPA's. I probably wouldnt get this again.

4.1/5  rDev 0%

Appearance- Dark copper color. Heavy off white head. Lots of lacing. 4/5

Smell- Iced coffee smell. Sweet malt background. 4/5

Taste- Iced mocha taste. Some bitterness in the end. 4.5/5

Mouthfeel- Medium bodied. Good mouthfeel. 4/5

Overall- Please don't be discouraged by the length of the above descriptors. I wrote what I tasted. This is one of the most interesting beers I have had. Mikkeller made a coffee IPA and it didn't come close to this. I would like a little more bitterness and maybe some extra hop aroma, but damn this is a good beer! I wonder if I would be able to brew this myself? 4.5/5

Kenyan AA IPA from Migration Brewing Company