Duvel Tripel Hop 2014 (Mosaic)
Brouwerij Duvel Moortgat NV

Duvel Tripel Hop 2014 (Mosaic)Duvel Tripel Hop 2014 (Mosaic)
Rate It

Added:
Feb 17, 2014
SCORE
Outstanding
Duvel Tripel Hop 2014 (Mosaic)Duvel Tripel Hop 2014 (Mosaic)
Notes: None
View: More Beers
Recent ratings and reviews. | Log in to view more ratings + sorting options.

4 by Enomas from Portugal on Jun 28, 2021
3.85/5  rDev -6.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4
by Sigmund from Norway

330 ml bottle, Cardinal Pub & Bar, Stavanger. ABV is 9.5%. Hops are Saaz and Styrian Goldings, dryhopping with Mosaic. Nearly clear pale yellow colour, pours fizzy with large bubbles and a moderate coarse white head. Interesting complex aroma of fruity (tropical fruits, blueberries), grassy, herbal and spicy hops. The flavour is refreshing for a beer of this strength, is quite dry, and has moderate tropical fruits first, then distinct herbal and spicy hops throughout the finish and aftertaste.

May 02, 2021
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4
by CouchBeer

Pour is extremely foamy, bounces right out of a glass with a hard pour, something I found unique to this beer. Instant hoppy and citrus aroma, the head disappeared quickly as well but left lacing. Taste is pleasant but hoppy all the while, not bad for a tripel. Overall I would suggest trying if you can get your hands on it.

Apr 07, 2020

4.21 by yaron73 from Israel on Apr 02, 2017
3.13/5  rDev -23.7%
by stcules from Italy

Bright intense golden appearance. Abundant foam, not too elegant.
Fruity smell, pineapple, yellow peach, blueberry. Strange.
Full, sweet taste, pineapple, pappa reale, fruitiness.
A bit boring in the end.
Average to high body, alcohol in the aftertaste, pineapple and honey, too much.

Mar 22, 2017
4.05/5  rDev -1.2%
by josanguapo from Spain

From Belgium in a Box. In Teku glass. Playing Magic 2015. Very citrusy, with some herbal notes and even slightly acidic. Nice but I prefer the normal duvel over this one. At least this is one of the Duvel Tripel Hips were the additional hop is easily noticeable. Generates a bit too much foam, requiring 2 pours.

Nov 09, 2016

4.04 by rab53 from Washington on Sep 04, 2016

4 by Gkruszewski from New York on Jul 20, 2016
4.86/5  rDev +18.5%
by woodychandler from Pennsylvania

I bought this one a while back & set it aside for no particular reason until today. I see that the label reads "07 2016 [ 4061 2014" so I seem to be in the window of opportunity.

From the bottle: "Special Edition Belgian Golden Ale"; "Dry-Hopped Mosaic"; "Hops: Saaz Saaz/Styrian Golding|Dryhopping: Mosaic"; "For this 2014 edition, our brewers have selected Mosaic. This new US hop variety enhences [sic] the beer with a tangerine sweetness, hints of tropical fruit and an interesting blueberry flavor. Contains barley malt."

I Pop!ped the cap and given its age and the exhortation on the standard bottle to pour slowly, I did just that. It still puffed up with three fingers of puffy, fluffy, soapy, rocky, off-white head with moderate retention. I can't complain about the lacing that it left behind, though. Don't ever doubt that I can pour a beer! This was beautifully clear and a Yellow-Gold (SRM = 4 - 5) that immediately summoned forth The Gelt Gang of Mammon, Midas & Croesus into my kitchen for a taste. Nose smelled like blueberry pancakes! The combination of the hops and the malts and time have made this a doughy, fruity concoction! Wow. Mouthfeel was medium, but quite effervescent. The taste followed the nose beautifully! Blueberry pancakes or blueberry muffins for everyone. Now, I am sad because I do not have another one. 8=( Dang, I hot this one on the sweet spot & knocked it outta the park for a home run! The finish was very fruity, but not especially sweet. I would put this in that Twilight Zone between semi-sweet & semi-dry that I am still awaiting someone to quantify for me. Now, it is becoming salty from my tears ... Boo hoo.

Jul 19, 2016

4.5 by psoriasaurus from Thailand on Jul 08, 2016

4.34 by spycow from Illinois on Jul 03, 2016
4.13/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 3 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4
by janubio from Spain

Golden colour, with a samll head that fades soon, but leaves a ring all the while, and some lace. Aroma has some tropical fruit (other reviews said lychee, it may be), resine, cannabis of some sweet variety, oranges. Medium body, lively carbonation, slick palate. Taste of oranges, hops, troipical fruits, grass. ENd is bitter, but there's some sweetnes in it. Having taste only the 2013 version before, I love the triple hops froms Duvel.

Jun 24, 2016

3.67 by user785335 from Florida on May 27, 2016
3.65/5  rDev -11%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25
by Beginner2 from Illinois

Reviewed in Roger Protz' "300 More Beers To Try Before You Die", a sequel to his CAMRA classic.

May 06, 2016

3.53 by Jow from Belgium on Feb 11, 2016

4.75 by BallsDeep from Florida on Jan 23, 2016
3.24/5  rDev -21%
by fx20736 from New York

Bought a single bottle from AJ's Beer Warehouse on 11/21/15. Served chilled in a Duvel tulip.

Look: Golden, towering whitecap head, nice lacing

Smell: Bewildering melange of hop aromas; herbal, tropical

Taste: menthol, spearmint, cat pee

Feel: ok, I guess

Overall: I can taste the Duvel underneath but these hops don't work for me.

Nov 21, 2015

3 by NWHopinator from Oregon on Nov 03, 2015

4.48 by FBorrego from Brazil on Nov 02, 2015

4.09 by Sellen from Connecticut on Oct 15, 2015
by mrcharlie from Texas

I bought this simply because I really like mosaic hops, big mistake. It is alcohol infused hop tea with no character at all. Not sure what they were going for here, but I can't believe they put this in bottles, can't believe I wasted money on this swill.

Sep 11, 2015

4 by xJMFCx from West Virginia on Aug 22, 2015

3.59 by funkel81 from Colorado on Aug 14, 2015

2.65 by Beer-Revelry from Texas on Jul 21, 2015
3.16/5  rDev -22.9%
by JPowell712 from Pennsylvania

I was really looking forward to this beer, but I was slightly disappointed! It was a Belgian beer that was taking a shot at making something like an IPA??? I can't quite decide what I didn't like about this beer, but I found it kind of unpleasant. It poured a very carbonated golden yellow with a ton of white fizzy head to it. It was fizzy and highly carbonated. The taste was very sour and dry. It was obviously heavily hopped, but instead of a balanced beer, I thought this more of a sour and almost overly bitter beer hard to enjoy. I don't know if it is just MY personal taste, but this was really a miss for me. The sour bitterness mixed with the heavy carbonation just didn't work.

Jul 16, 2015

4.09 by Hendrick24 from Wisconsin on Jul 16, 2015
4.15/5  rDev +1.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4
by barczar from Kentucky

A year old, and still during hop presence.

Citrusy notes of grapefruit, tangerine, and lime dominate the aroma, with that characteristic Belgian pilsner malt presence and signature Duvel yeast ester profile.

Flavor is similar, though the hops are more in balance with the malt and ester presence.

Jul 12, 2015