Duvel Belgian Golden Ale | Brouwerij Duvel Moortgat NV

Style: Belgian Strong Pale Ale

Added by BeerAdvocate on 12-06-2000

Ratings: 7,929 |  Reviews: 2,837

4.5/5  rDev +5.1%

First and foremost I have to thank you all that are part of the Beeradvocate community. I have followed your advice since I turn 21,three years ago, and today I decided to make an account. For that I thank You

Last week a super liquor store open in my hometown in Texas with full fresh cut deli section, restaurant,and tasting area ( at grand opening, they were selling any type of 6-pack for 99 cent- I had class so I could not go ; I hope that does not take the business of Mr.Jones, one of our local stores guys- but anyway I digress) and today I decided to pop in. I felt like having an ale. I looked around and this white little glass bottle caught my attention by the name of Duvel Belgium Ale.

Appearance: Blonde and a thick head c.3 inches

Smell: Citrus smell

Taste: Honey like citrus taste

Mouthfell- Great Ciitrus taste with a honey after taste

Drinability: The after taste for sure makes you have another and not filling at all.

4.5/5  rDev +5.1%

i'm drinking this wonderful beer this evening out of a delirium noel glass as tis the season.

i have enjoyed a couple of these, but it was before i was rating, so here goes...

i have to restrain my tendency to pour aggressively with this one as i know what i'm getting into. instead, this beer was carefully poured into the glass and i still managed to get about two inches of creamy off-white head. high carbonation. this beer never stops bubbling. this is a great looking beer. this beer leaves lacing all down the glass. this is a beautiful representative of this style beer.

the smell is fruity, hoppy and yeasty it seems. i also smell a bit of spice. this beer smells great as well.

the taste is just as the smell. i notice the alcohol, but not as much as i thought i would. this is an easy tasting beer that goes down well.

i love the mouthfeel. the high carbonation is a real treat.

this is a very drinkable beer. deceptive. it drinks much lighter. these things could make short work of me, but since i don't drink to get tanked, it's a great one off beer for an evening. nice high alcohol content that serves as a good nightcap or would pair greatly with some grilled fish or even boiled seafood.

4.5/5  rDev +5.1%

Sexy, decadent, creamy love...enough said.

Well apparently not enough said., I'm prompted to at least give 250 characters in my review or it is not valid...

Sexy, decadent, creamy love...poured from an eleven point two ounce bottle...enough said!

Duvel Belgian Golden Ale from Brouwerij Duvel Moortgat NV