Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Norm | Wormtown Brewery

Massachusetts, United States
wormtownbrewery.com

Style: American Stout

2012: Growler and tap only
2013: Growler, tap, and limited 22oz bottle release (120 12 bottle cases total, bottled on October 4).

Added by rudzud on 08-27-2012

firstprev| 126-150 | 151-175 | 176-200  | next → last
4.67/5  rDev +11.2%

Tap at peppercorns
Darker colored thick creamy 1 finger head almost pitch black beer. Nice layered lacing.

Nose oh damn! Pure almond joy. Lots of dark chocolate and milk chocolate, lots of toasty coconut, little coffee ice cream and chocolate milk shake, caramel, light buttery vanilla and almost oak like presence probably from the coconut.

Taste starts luscious and creamy with lots more toasted coconut. Toasted and fresh shredded coconut, with again a light buttery coconut oil flavor. Then chocolate galore. Some dark and bakers but mostly creamy milk chocolate and cocoa butter, some vanilla again as well as coffee ice cream. Light oatmeal taste and feel to a hint of oatmeal cookie. Touch of caramel and toasty dough malt, and a hint nutty.Light cinnamon i think or that might be my imagination running away with me. A light bitterness on the finish with creamy silky feel, more chocolate and coconut galore lingering, a touch of booze toward the end as i swirl the beer around my mouth for what seems like ages.

Mouth is fuller bodied rich creamy silky smooth and sexy satin decent carb.

Overall deliiicious! I wish i could freeze it in the winter and skate on it, then melt it in the spring and drink it again. Also bathe in it and make clothes from it. I don't think it gave me as much of a hard-on as Rudzud, but I really enjoyed this beer. I really hope they bottle it.

4.67/5  rDev +11.2%

So this beer has been years in the making as with much persistence Norm convinced Ben to brew a coconut stout. Finally it happened!

A - Poured into a standard snifter a deep dark oily black with a wonderful one finger mocha head that faded to leave wonderful lacing throughout and nice retention.

S - Aromas mind blow. Its melted almond joys in a glass. Super large chocolate aromas and roasted, toasted coconut. Sooo much damn chocolate in this, crazy. I'll let JLindros go into detail about malt styles and such; all you need to know is this is a damn almond joy in a glass.

T - Taste is so dam. Close to the nose. Chocolate explodes rich and dark intermingling with wonderful roasted coconut flakes. There are light nuttiness atleast so I taste, could be my mind playing tricks...man oh man.

M - Mouthfeel is almost too silky and smooth. This is velvet for my mouth, rich and creamy. The carbonation is on the low side, which lends only to the milky creaminess.

O - Overall this beer ranks up there for me with top Wormtown beers right behind Tennessee Tats for me. Seek this beer out while you can, its outstanding. Wish, wish they'd bottle this beer.

firstprev| 126-150 | 151-175 | 176-200  | next → last