Kaiserdom Rauchbier

SCORE
n/a
Kaiserdom RauchbierKaiserdom Rauchbier
Notes: None
Recent ratings and reviews.

Rated: 4.04 by LesDewitt4beer from Minnesota

Nov 15, 2021

Rated: 3.56 by smi69 from New York

Jul 08, 2020

Rated: 2.75 by zoinks from Texas

Feb 19, 2013
Reviewed by cooch69 from Pennsylvania

2.88/5  rDev -8.6%
With no reviews on this beer for the past 8 years I began to think to myself "Shit how old is this bottle in front of me?"

I poured this into a sampling glass because I honestly thought I would'nt drink the whole thing anyways. I do love Rauchbiers but I had no clue if this would have held up. If you have a bottle of this pour carefully as I saw lots of small floaters in the bottow of the bottle.

Pours a pretty clear copper color with a tiny kiss of a head that fades away quickly.

Nose is sweet & stale malts and damp leftover wood ash.

Taste follows thru pretty closely. Light bodied with a caramely and silky feel.

The smoke is becoming more apparent as the glass empties. I can see why this beer is retired judging by the bottle I have although I may have disagreed if I had this beer fresh. This could have been something back in the 90's.
Oct 22, 2012

Rated: 3.75 by szmnnl99 from Michigan

Mar 25, 2012

Rated: 3 by cdwil from Texas

Dec 30, 2011
Reviewed by connecticutpoet from Connecticut

3.41/5  rDev +8.3%
This beer poured a clear amber, with a good-sized head that lasted for a little while.

The aroma was of malt only... no smokiness or hop character to speak of.

The taste was smooth, smoky, yet mild and slightly sweet.

It was an interesting brew, but not what I had expected from a rauchbier. I had thought the smokiness would have been more pronounced, and would at least have come through in the aroma.
Jun 28, 2004
Reviewed by UnionMade from New York

1.39/5  rDev -55.9%
Damn green bottle and lack of stock rotation provided an old and skunky beer for my drinking pleasure. Drainpour for sure. The beer poured a hazy deep ochre yellow, with an immense white head. The aroma was smoky for about a millisecond before I got the full whiff of old wet cardboard, the kind that sat in the corner of a dead end brick alley in Seattle, where it's perpetually wet. Smokiness was overpowered by old oxidized winey cardboardiness, and I really couldn't taste much in the flavor, again over the oldness. I'd like to try this again if I can find it, and only with a return policy just in case. It would probably help if the store rotated it's stock and didn't keep this on the top shelf directly under a fluorescent light.
Aug 19, 2003
Reviewed by yen157 from New Jersey

3.58/5  rDev +13.7%
This beer was gold-amber in color, and had a dense, white head. It smelled smokey, as one would expect, but also a little malt. This beer was not as smokey as some of the others of this style, but I would say it may have been more complex because there was sot as much of a HUGE smokey taste, only BIG. In a good way, this is going to sound very strange, the beer's flavors kind of reminded me of the smell of moss or wet earth after the rain. Strange, huh? Very nicely balanced beer, though.
Sep 27, 2002