Cherry Almond Stout | Natty Greene's Pub & Brewing Co.

3.58/5
1 Rating

Natty Greene's Pub & Brewing Co.
North Carolina, United States

Style: American Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by NCBeernut on 09-23-2010

Reviews by NCBeernut:
3.58/5  rDev 0%

Dark brown. Might have a reddish hue, but it is hard to tell in the dim lighting. Very good sized head for a pull off of this cask - a solid 1 finger with good retention.

Aroma is nutty, but not distinctly almond - kind of like cashew actually. I get some chocolate in there too. Grainy.

Coffee is a dominant flavor in the taste. Rich caramel and toffee flavors with a touch of real almond nuttiness. Grainy. Slightly tart, I am assuming from the cherry - this seems to be its only real contribution, which I am definitely okay with. Mouthfeel is just kind of watery and low in carbonation, even for a cask. No oxidation has really made an appearance yet, but I would be interested to see what it does. I don't think this cask is going to disappear in one night.

Cherry Almond Stout from Natty Greene's Pub & Brewing Co.