Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

P5 Pale Ale | Mt Tabor Brewing

3.68/5
Good

Mt Tabor Brewing
Washington, United States
mttaborbrewing.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by gkunkle on 01-03-2012

Reviews by djbreezy:
3.4/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

on-tap at Brickhouse in Vancouver, WA

appearance - gold and ultra cloudy, not much head, good lacing however

smell - fruity notes

taste - not the hop profile i was expecting, very light flavor with a fruit/banana taste, some citrus as well

mouthfeel - light, watery, medium carbonation

overall - easy drinking but lots of flaws, i would have thought this was a saison or something if you gave it to me without a label

3.95/5  rDev 0%

Pours a burnt orange hue with a thin head (blame the bartender not the brewer) head recedes to a ring around my glass. No carbonation is visible, (due to opaque body). Smell is slightly sweet with a hint of citrus (though I don't have a great nose) the taste starts with a light sweetness, then I get a bready taste. I don't detect a strong hop taste in there, only a slight floral taste, but it's faint. Mouthfeel is slightly thicker than expected, but it feels nice. No apparent carbonation (edit: need to check this out more, may have been the bar). Overall, I enjoy this beer, it has an approachable sweet maltiness, but I feel like it actually stands up well without aggressive hops. It derives from the generic method of making an APA that is just a wanna-be IPA.

P5 Pale Ale from Mt Tabor Brewing