Jacobins Framboise

SCORE
n/a
Notes: None
View: More Beers
Recent ratings and reviews.

Rated: 3.77 by bump8628 from Oklahoma

Dec 29, 2017

Rated: 3 by mattfancett from England

Aug 30, 2014

Rated: 3 by Rochefort10nh from New Hampshire

Nov 26, 2011
Reviewed by BourbonStreet from Georgia

Loved this lambic! I am on a mission to try every lambic in existence and this was one of my favorites so far. Drank this one in a cafe in front of the Stadhuis in Antwerpen. Beautiful deep raspberry color, fresh smell, and brilliant taste. Slight head. Not syrupy, but smooth and sweet like a lambic should be. Not for everyone, but I imagine a lot of girls will love this beer. Absolutely no hops, just malt, wheat, and raspberries. Will definitely put this on my list to drink again.
Feb 13, 2010
Reviewed by ggaughan from Pennsylvania

3.5/5  rDev -4.1%
Served from a 25 cl bottle dated 09/04/98. I was a little worried about the age at first but when I popped the cap I got a wiff of a trademark framboise smell that led me to believe it was still good. The appearance was a good amber, orange color, a bit cloudy and absolutely no head. The aroma was of fresh, ok slighty fresh raspberries and a bit earthy, tart. The taste had very little carbonation but not tasting flat. The raspberry taste is pretty pleasing and there is a bit of tartness to balance things out. I found the body to be very light and easy to drink.
Apr 26, 2006