Cuvée Des Jacobins Rouge | Brouwerij Bockor N.V. / Brouwerij Omer Vander Ghinste

Cuvée Des Jacobins RougeCuvée Des Jacobins Rouge

View: Beers
Ratings: 2,837 |  Reviews: 511

1.75/5  rDev -59.6%

4.25/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Gorgeous body of ruby like red coloring was capped by a off white head of sticky froth.

The aroma was sweet and tart with a real Sweet Tart like aroma. Tangy cherry, slightly acidic with aromas of wine, vinegar, and sour raspberry.

The flavor is full on sweet, sour, tangy and delicious. Sour tangy cherry, candied Sweet Tarts, balsamic characters with a slight raspberry and sour malt all meld well to make a easily drinkable ale.

The feel is a tinge sour but as the palate warms to it all it becomes all too easy to drink.

I'm partial to Flanders and this ranks as one of the better one I've had.

4.56/5  rDev +5.3%

3.5/5  rDev -19.2%

4.71/5  rDev +8.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

Deep reddish hues in a tulip glass with a very thin head, almost rouge..

Smells of sour cherries, slight vinegar smell,

Way sour here, tastes of tart cherries, sour lemons, some oakiness, light vanilla and sour!

High carbonation, light body and easy drinking. The carbonation adds to the tartness in the finish.

I've been gaining more and more appreciation of sours and this has to be one of the best I've had yet!

2.1/5  rDev -51.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2

Nice amber deep ruby brown body, simple white head and lace. That's where the good ended.

This is the first beer rated well on BA that I really hated. I'll chalk it up to I don't like this style, but there are other beers that aren't my style but I can tell they're actually good and I enjoy them as a change. Not such here.

This beer smells of funk, and tastes of it too. It is far to sour and tart in the taste. There's a little cherry and slight malt in the body, the only ok qualities. Really it tastes like vinegar, quite seriously. I'm not ok with this. I respect this beer, but couldn't finish it. It may be your style, but goodness it is not mine. Sorry to rate what I guess is good beer as so poor, but I have to rate the numbers I feel reflect my opinion.

Hate to admit it, this was a drain pour.

4.75/5  rDev +9.7%

Cuvée Des Jacobins Rouge from Brouwerij Bockor N.V. / Brouwerij Omer Vander Ghinste
Beer rating: 4.33 out of 5 with 2,837 ratings