St. Pauli Girl | St. Pauli Brauerei C.L. Wilh. Brandt Gmbh & Co.

poor
Read the review
St. Pauli GirlSt. Pauli Girl

St. Pauli Brauerei C.L. Wilh. Brandt Gmbh & Co.
Germany

3.5/5  rDev +20.7%

2.25/5  rDev -22.4%

1.75/5  rDev -39.7%

2.5/5  rDev -13.8%

Coming back to this here in early 2016. I STILL see people speaking of the 'skunk' factor. I REALLY wish this company would make the beer LIKE THE USED to!!!! And for once and all GET IT OUT OF THE DAMN GREEN BOTTLES!!!!!!!! Do you hear me St. Pauli Girl Brauerei????????

I just do not understand how a company that prides itself on quality, completely commit suicide by knowing destroying it's beer before it barely leaves the retailer in the customer's hand!

I just speechless at the STUPIDITY!

Let me begin by saying that the 4 or 5 reviews below are utterly inaccurate. I say this because they did not give this beer a fair rating which in part is the brewers fault.

Shame on you all!!

Bottom line: "IF ITS SKUNK IT'S JUNK!!!!"

This is true for ANY beer as it should never, EVER smell like a skunk! It it does its been damaged by light and is ruined..

This particular brew is HIGHLY susceptible to light damage due to its completely inadequate packaging primarily because of its green bottle and exposed 6 pack containers.

NEVER buy this beer in a six pack unless you are removing it from a completely enclosed case packaging..NO EXCEPTIONS!

If you are going to buy this beer, buy it in a completely enclosed 12 pack container and ensure you grab one that hasn't even had the handle cutouts pushed in!

This beer WHEN ITS FRESH is really quite good..and if purchased properly has a ZERO skunk factor. Its highly drinkable, and has good German flavor, light years ahead of ANY U.S. domestic lager.

This beer at one time use to be my favorite, in fact it is the beer that got very interested in higher quality brew in the first place.

However, in 2002 it changed considerably not only in its packaging, but also in formula. The result was a more accessible beer that could appeal more to the U.S. domestic market.

Countless emails to the brewer about my dismay in the change were never returned. I really miss my old St. Pauli Girl beer..but the replacement still isn't half bad. Its still a decent Euro style beer with decent hops flavoring and appearance..and..

It stills pours a healthy, creamy head with adequate lacing (when fresh!) sticking to the sides of my glass inviting me to drink more. Lastly, its pricing is always reasonable, and is still available in 12oz. bottles

I have a 12 pack chillin' in the fridge right now waiting for Saturday afternoon. I can't wait!

St. Pauli Girl from St. Pauli Brauerei C.L. Wilh. Brandt Gmbh & Co.