31 Stout

From:
Bayou Teche Brewery

Louisiana, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Notes:
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 11 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
tigg924 from Massachusetts

3.97/5  rDev +1.5%

Found at a Rouse's. Pours opaque, dark brown in color with 1/3 inch head. Taste is roasted malt, dark chocolate and plenty of sugar/cream. Sweet and roasty with medium heavy body. Nice fall sipper. Impressed with this one. Would get it again.

Oct 03, 2016
BowmanR from Louisiana

4.29/5  rDev +9.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

I came across this at a grocery store. It was well out of date, but since it was a milk stout I chanced it. I'm glad I did. For a local brewery, this was a excellent milk stout. Good color, nice thick head, the smell was a bit muted (not all that uncommon with milk stouts), but had a great slippery film that is characteristic of a milk stout. I could taste the age of the beer, but it had aged surprisingly well. I am a fan, and would buy more were it available. Good job Bayou Teche! I look forward to your next milk stout!

Mar 21, 2016
Mwiggi1 from Louisiana

3.82/5  rDev -2.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 4

I don't often review but since this beer has so few here are my overall impressions.
The beer has a light smell and Taste with great head retention. It all most reminds me of a black beer in taste instead of a stout. With that said very drinkable.

Aug 02, 2015