Abner | Hill Farmstead Brewery

Hill Farmstead Brewery
Vermont, United States
hillfarmstead.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Abner (1867-1953) is our great grandfather; Hill Farmstead Brewery rests upon the land that was once home to him and his fourteen children. In his honor, this Double IPA is dutifully crafted from American malted barley, a plethora of American hops, our ale yeast and water from Abner’s well. It is unfiltered, naturally carbonated, and double dry hopped. Aromatic and flowery, bursting with notes of citrus and pine, this is the ale that I dream to have shared with Abner.

170 Theoretical IBU

Pale and Caramel Malt; Dextrose; Centennial, Chinook, Columbus, Simcoe, and Warrior hops; Ale Yeast, and our Well Water.

Added by kingcrowing on 05-12-2010

#24

Ratings: 2,680 |  Reviews: 393

4.59/5  rDev -0.9%

4.58/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.72/5  rDev +1.9%

4.18/5  rDev -9.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Served out of a freshly filled (9/20/14) Hill Farmstead 750ml growler and into a HF stemmed glass.

L) Pours a hazy, tawny/orange with a average size white head.
S) Smells of beautiful hops and a bit of yeast thrown in there. I prefer mine a bit more citrusy, but this is still an amazing beer.
T) This is a well balance DIPA. Not too bitter and not too malty. Again, I would like a bit more citrus, but I'm just nit picking.
F) Nice. A bit dry.
O) Not going to lie, this did not live up 100% to my expectations. When drinking DIPA's I have to compare to MBC Dinner, which I thought was spectacular. Would I drink it again, yes, but I would not go out of my way to acquire again.

4.68/5  rDev +1.1%

4.84/5  rDev +4.5%

4.1/5  rDev -11.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Very happy to have a chance to try this finally.

Pours a nice hazy, light orange body. Loads of juicy tropical fruit, lots of sticky lacing on the sides and very orange forward in flavor, but leans toward the fresh sweet ones. Lip smacking, well done.

4.25/5  rDev -8.2%

Swing top bottle provided by maltzilla. Clear yellow pour with a white head. Fruity/citrusy hop aromas. Really tasty with pleasant citrusy hop flavors supported by a sturdy caramel malt backbone...

Abner from Hill Farmstead Brewery