Abner | Hill Farmstead Brewery

Hill Farmstead Brewery
Vermont, United States
hillfarmstead.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Abner (1867-1953) is our great grandfather; Hill Farmstead Brewery rests upon the land that was once home to him and his fourteen children. In his honor, this Double IPA is dutifully crafted from American malted barley, a plethora of American hops, our ale yeast and water from Abner’s well. It is unfiltered, naturally carbonated, and double dry hopped. Aromatic and flowery, bursting with notes of citrus and pine, this is the ale that I dream to have shared with Abner.

170 Theoretical IBU

Pale and Caramel Malt; Dextrose; Centennial, Chinook, Columbus, Simcoe, and Warrior hops; Ale Yeast, and our Well Water.

Added by kingcrowing on 05-12-2010

Ratings: 2,626 |  Reviews: 384

Served in a Citizen Cider snifter from a 2L growler obtained same-day in Greensboro.

A: Attractive orange, cloudy, and very Hill-esque.

S: Strong citrus hops--as to be expected--and alcohol.

T: Kind of like Susan on steroids. Tropical citrus and apricot overwhelms with a significant alcohol finish.

M: Perfect, as to be expected from Hill.

O: Undoubtedly one of Hill's finest. Don't take my word for it though, it's one of Hill's most reviewed and still perfect. One of the few beers I could drink without end. Try it if you can.

On tap at Beachwood Brewing in Long Beach, CA.

Lush, creamy, dreamy... Beautiful textures like Princess Jasmine weaving a pair of silk skivvies.

I am at a loss. I am found. I am nothing, I am in heaven... Take me away.

Abner from Hill Farmstead Brewery