Abner | Hill Farmstead Brewery

Hill Farmstead Brewery
Vermont, United States
hillfarmstead.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Abner (1867-1953) is our great grandfather; Hill Farmstead Brewery rests upon the land that was once home to him and his fourteen children. In his honor, this Double IPA is dutifully crafted from American malted barley, a plethora of American hops, our ale yeast and water from Abner’s well. It is unfiltered, naturally carbonated, and double dry hopped. Aromatic and flowery, bursting with notes of citrus and pine, this is the ale that I dream to have shared with Abner.

170 Theoretical IBU

Pale and Caramel Malt; Dextrose; Centennial, Chinook, Columbus, Simcoe, and Warrior hops; Ale Yeast, and our Well Water.

Added by kingcrowing on 05-12-2010

Ratings: 2,632 |  Reviews: 386

Pored into my pint glass. Golden honey color with three full fingers of foam head. Lacing is evident. Big citrus fruit on the nose. Carbonation is light to medium. Very light hop bite. Taste lots of grapefruit for me. I won't say I was underwhelmed by this, but I will say this was my least favorite beer I've tried from Hill Farmstead. Good beer, but not stunning.

Abner from Hill Farmstead Brewery